Chapter thirty eight

It was Lucas's birthday. Lucas was asleep with his arm curled around her. Maya slipped out of the bed careful not to wake him up.

She went downstairs and started to make his favorite breakfast which was a breakfast sandwich with fruit. She made more food for the rest of the house.

Cole, Vanessa, and James all woke up and went to wake up Lucas along with her. Lucas got shook awake by his siblings.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Lucas. Happy birthday to you." They all sang.

Lucas groaned rubbing his eyes. "Thanks guys." He smiled. "Get up maya made breakfast I'm hungry." Cole said bluntly.

They all laughed. Lucas stood up from the bed and they walked downstairs. "My favorite you shouldn't have." Lucas said mockingly.

Maya kissed him on the lips and handed him his plate. After they finished breakfast, they spent the whole day together.

When it was around seven, Maya told him to get dressed nicely. She changed into a black dress and black stilettos. She coated her lips with red lipstick. She straightened her hair. She put on eyeliner and mascara.

Lucas came out in a white button up shirt, black dress pants and shoes. His dark hair fell against his eyes. Dark stubble was sprinkled across his face. He looked handsome.

"You look amazing." Lucas smiled. "So do you handsome." She pecked him on the lips. She took his hand and they walked out of the mansion. They climbed in her car.

"Where are you taking me?" Lucas asked for the umpteenth time. "I'm not telling you." Maya made a zipping motion with her lips.

Maya took him to one of his favorite Italian restaurants. Lucas smiled reminiscing the memories he had there. One of his foster moms took him there when he was five.

"Reservations for Maya Hunter." Maya said. "Right this way ma'am." The guy said. He led them to a private table for two.

"This is great. Thank you for making this day epic." He grinned. "You're welcome." She gave him a warm smile.

After the delicious dinner, the waiters brought him a chocolate cake. Everyone in the restaurant wished him a happy birthday. Lucas's cheeks were bright red as they sang to him.

Maya laughed while she recorded him. When they were done singing, Lucas blew out the candles making everyone cheer for them.

Lucas saved the rest of the cake for his siblings when the got home. Lucas met his lips with hers. Maya carded her hands through his hair.

"I love you so much." He confessed. "I love you too." She spoke warmly. They piled back into the car and drove home.

Homecoming was coming up soon. Lucas had everything planned out to ask her. He had a bouquet of roses and a teddy bear. He had a sign that said homecoming with a question mark at the end.

Lucas was standing in front of Maya's classroom waiting for her to get out of class. A crowd gathered around him holding out their phones.

Maya was the last one out of class. She held her mouth in shock. "Will you go to homecoming with me my love?" He asked her. Maya nodded her head and wrapped her legs around him. Lucas caught her snaking his arms around her. The crowd cheered for the couple.

Maya pressed her lips against his. Lucas happily kissed her back. He handed her her gifts. Maya took his hand with the other and they walked to the cafeteria.