Chapter thirty seven

Lucas and Maya were traveling through the woods in their wolf form. Lucas's gray and white fur passes by her in a blur. Maya was a step or two behind him. They jumped off the cliff and into the water below them.

They changed back into human form. "I was this close to beating you." Maya said with a chuckle.

They playfully splashed each other. Lucas pressed his lips against hers. Maya returned the kiss, tangling her hands through his hair.

"This is great now that we're both hybrids I don't have to worry about you dying on me." He smiled. "Me too." She grinned.

"Your birthday is coming up." Maya declared. "I don't really celebrate it." Lucas told her. "Why not?" She pouted.

"I don't really find them important anymore. I'm more than fine spending time with you." Lucas remarked. "Nope I'm going to do something amazing and you're gonna love it." Maya demanded.

"Okay then. I won't stop you." Lucas laughed. They shifted back into wolves and climbed back up the hill.

They put their clothes back on. Lucas got a call from Vanessa. "Hey ness what's up?" Lucas asked. "Come to the mansion now! These wolves are trying to kill us!" Vanessa said before the call hung up abruptly.

Lucas and Maya's eyes turned yellow. Their fangs elongated and their claws protruded from their nails. They vamp sped to the mansion. They saw seven wolves attacking Lucas's siblings.

Lucas and Maya growled and ran to help. Lucas grabbed the first wolf and snapped its neck. The other wolf tried to bite Vanessa but Lucas threw the wolf through the tree. He ripped his heart out of his chest.

Cole got bit by a werewolf and he fell to the ground in pain. James lunged at the wolf that bit Cole. Maya went down and brought her wrist up to cole's mouth. A wolf tried to bite Maya from behind but Vanessa snapped its neck.

James was also bitten and Lucas ran to heal him. The other two wolves made a quick escape. "Who the hell were they and what did they want?" Lucas asked helping James up from the ground.

"They wanted revenge for Charlie. Charlie promised them he would turn them into hybrids." James replied. "They messed with the wrong family." Lucas told them making them smile.

Lucas threw his arm around Maya and they went inside. Maya was laying down with Lucas when she got a call from Riley.

Maya sat up and took the call. "Hey Riles." Maya greeted. "Hey Maya. I have to tell you something can you come over?" Riley asked.

"Yeah sure. I'll be there soon. Love you." Maya said. "Love you too Peaches." They hung up the phone. "I'll be back soon." Maya kissed Lucas on the lips.

She threw her leather jacket on and her converse. She took her car keys and drove to Riley's house. Maya knocked on Riley's door.

Riley opened it. "Come in." She pulled Maya in for a hug. They went up to Riley's room. "It turns out I'm a witch." Riley confessed. Maya's eyes widened in shock. "Wow that's amazing Riles." Maya exclaimed.

"I know. My parents told me about it when I started to have predictions. It feels so great to tell you." Riley smiled. "I have something to tell you too." Maya said.

"What is it?" Riley asked. "A lot of things happened and now I'm a hybrid." Maya confessed. "What is that?" Riley questioned. "Half vampire/half werewolf." Her eyes turned yellow and two fangs grew out from her mouth.

"Whoa peaches! you scared me warn a girl next time." Riley held her chest. "Sorry Riles." She laughed turning back into her normal face. "I kind of sensed death when I hugged you." Riley told her.

"Yeah all witches could tell when someone is supernatural or not." Maya told her. "How did our lives become from normal to crazy?" Riley asked with a chuckle.

"I have no idea." Maya laughed along with her. "I'm glad you don't see me as any different." Maya smiled. "Me too." Riley said.

"So can you show me a spell?" Maya inquired. "Yeah it's a simple spell. I'm still getting the hang of things." She opened up her pillow setting the feathers down on the bed.

Riley closed her eyes and she held her hands out. The feathers floated up and whirled around them. Maya watched in amazement, laughing in disbelief.

Riley held her hands back down and the feathers dropped on the bed. "That's so cool." She declared. "I know right I showed Farkle and he was amazed too." She said.

They talked for a little more before Maya had to leave. She climbed back into her car. She drove to Taco Bell and got dinner for everyone.

She came back home. The boys rushed to the food making Vanessa and Maya roll their eyes. Maya grabbed four tacos and a Dr Pepper and sat down besides Lucas at the table.