Chapter thirty six

They finally arrived at the place. The five of them got out of the truck. They heard Lucas crying out in pain. The four of them bursted in. The screaming was coming from downstairs.

"Stop Charlie please." Lucas spoke weakly. "You deserve this." Charlie yelled. Maya felt her blue eyes turn yellow in fury. Before anyone can do anything Maya vamp sped downstairs. She kicked open the door slamming it against the wall.

Charlie was beating up Lucas to a pulp. Maya pushed Charlie off of Lucas sending Charlie crashing to the wall. "Get off of Lucas you asshole!" She screamed.

The siblings and Morgan came in after her. Morgan held her hands up chanting a spell that gave Charlie a brain aneurysm.

Charlie yelled in pain kneeling on the floor. Maya plunged her hand deep in his chest grasping his heart. His mouth was coughing up blood.

"No one gets away with hurting my man." She ripped out his heart showing no mercy. Maya watched as Charlie's skin turned gray and withered. She wiped the blood off of her face.

When Maya saw Lucas's condition her heart had shattered. Blood and bruises was all over him making him look unrecognizable. Cole wiped the blood away from his face with a warm towel. Vanessa came back with a blood bag and pressed it up against Lucas's mouth.

Lucas slowly started to rose up from unconscious. He weakly took the bag from Vanessa and finished it. The bruises and cuts healed up quickly.

Lucas opened his eyes and stared up at Maya. He was confused. He thought she was dead. He must be dreaming again.

"Maya is that really you?" Lucas asked. He held his hand out. "Yes it's me. I'm right here." She took his hand and pressed a kiss against it. Lucas pulled her in for a hug and cried against her shoulder. Maya cried too rubbing her hands across his back.

"How are you alive?" Lucas asked. "Long story short, I'm a hybrid like you." She told him. "I thought I lost you again." Lucas stated in disbelief.

"You will never lose me." She wiped his tears away. She pulled him in for a kiss. Lucas dug his hands in her hair returning the kiss.

Lucas stood up giving his siblings hugs also. Morgan dropped them off at their hotel and wished them the best of luck.

Lucas took a nice warm shower. He climbed out and put on his pajamas. He laid on the bed next to Maya. He pulled her in close wrapping his arms around her.

Maya gave him a chaste kiss, brushing her fingers through his hair. They stared into each other's eyes. "I love you so much." He spoke with a warm smile.

"I love you too." She spoke softly. "I'm so sorry for having you kidnapped again. It's all my fault." Her eyes welled up with tears.

"It's not your fault baby. You're the one that saved me again might I add." Lucas said making them both laugh. He pressed his lips against her forehead.
They both fell into a deep sleep.

Lucas tried to fall asleep but he kept on having nightmares of Charlie beating him over and over. Lucas felt like the air was thinning and his heart was racing loudly.

Lucas started to twist and turn. Maya woke up to Lucas whimpering and shaking. "Lucas." Maya shook him. Lucas woke up with a gasp.

"It's just a dream I'm right here. Everything's going to be okay." She combed her fingers through his hair.

Lucas nodded his head. He laid back down on the bed. She wrapped her arms around him kissing the back of his neck.

Lucas slid his hand over hers intertwining them. Lucas relaxed against her embrace falling asleep again.

Over the next weeks, Lucas's nightmares have diminished slowly until they stopped entirely. Lucas was becoming himself again which made everyone happy.