Chapter Fourteen

Lucas being nervous was an understatement. He was meeting his girlfriend's parents. He asked Vanessa to help him pick what to wear.

He wore a white button down shirt with dark blue jeans and combat boots. He brought flowers from the shop. He decided to vamp speed to the house to get rid of his nerves.

He finally arrived at Maya's house. He texted Maya that he was here. He knocked and waited for someone to open it.

The door opened to reveal Maya. Maya was breathtaking in every sense of the word. She wore a red halter top dress with brown strapped sandals. Her blonde hair was straightened and cascaded down her back.

The mascara she wore made her cerulean eyes pop out. Her soft lips were coated in lipgloss.

"You look beautiful M." He declared. Maya's cheeks had turned bright pink at the way he was staring at her. "Thank you."

She pecked his lips and pulled him inside the house. She squeezed his hand and they walked inside the kitchen.

"Hello I'm Katy. Maya's Mom." She walked up to him. He shook hands with her. "Nice to meet you Mrs. Hunter these are for you." He gave her the bouquet. "These are so lovely. I'm gonna put these up in my room." 

"I'm Shawn. Maya's Dad." He walked up to them. If looks could kill Lucas would be dead-dead. "Hi I'm Lucas." He held his hand out. "I know who you are." Shawn said gruffly not shaking his hand.

His blue eyes were stern and cold. Lucas scratched the back of his head nervously. "Dad please be nice." Maya begged.

He scoffed and sat down in the seat. Maya gave him an apologetic smile and they both sat down.

The dinner was long and uncomfortable. Lucas never answered so many questions in his lifetime.

They were both relieved when it was finally over. "I'm really sorry about that." Maya apologized for her dad's rude behavior.

"Hey," he picked up her chin with his hand making her look at him. "It wasn't your fault that your dad is a dick. Maya chuckled as he continued, But I'm not leaving you. We're in this together."

Maya loved that look. The look where nothing can stand in their way no matter how many obstacles they face.

"I love you Lucas Friar." Maya said softly. "I love you too." He grinned. He leaned down and kissed her. They both smiled into the kiss.

Unbeknownst to them, Shawn was looking furiously at the two. He knew exactly what and who he was. He known since the second he walked in. He read all about him in his great grandfather's journals.

The nerve of that bloodsucker to date his daughter. He needed to plan this accordingly and wisely. He couldn't wait to put Lucas back where he belonged...

Maya woke up the next day to her alarm. She was still pissed at her Dad for being rude to Lucas and not giving him a chance.

She made sure to give her dad a piece of her mind before storming off into her bedroom.

She called Lucas after that and she made him feel better with his words. She fell asleep to his voice comforting her.

A few hours passed and it was 7pm. She was alone in the house again. Maya took a warm shower. She decided to wear her light blue dress that brought out her eyes. Lucas asked her out on a date yesterday to forget about the dinner disaster.

She heard a whooshing sound. She turned around. Lucas was in front of her making Maya jump.

"Lucas," she hit his chest lightly. "You scared me!"