Chapter thirty

Alex came back after Charlie had left with Lucas. Alex set her down on a bed and waited for Maya to wake up. He knew that Maya was gonna probably kill him but it was the only option to save her.

Maya woke up with a gasp. She rubbed her neck in pain. She was wondering why she was here. Then she was flooded with a burst of memories. Charlie snapped her neck and the rest was just darkness.

"How am I still alive? Why am I so hungry?" Her throat was dry and her stomach growled in hunger but not for food.

"You're a vampire." Alex said. "I'm a w-what?" Maya said in disbelief. "You're a vampire. The juice I gave you wasn't just juice. It was vampire blood." He explained.

"You fucking turned me into a vampire!" She yelled in anger.

"Look I know your angry but it was the only way to save you." Alex stumbled out his words. He took out a blood bag. Maya felt the blood call out to her. She snatched the blood from his hands and ripped the bag open.

She drunk the whole bag in seconds. Maya felt fangs extend from her mouth. Her blue eyes turned red. Dark red veins crawled out from her eyes.

She turned on him with anger. Before he could say anything she threw herself at him and started punching him repeatedly in the face. Alex held her arms to stop her from punching him. Maya growled throwing him over her shoulder.

Alex slammed on the ground hard with a thud. He felt Maya's hands wrap around his neck. "Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now!" She spat out. Alex threw Maya off of him. Maya hit the wall with a crash.

Maya went to attack him again but he held his hands out. "It was the only fucking way to save your life. Look I had to follow what he said or else he would have killed me too." He said. "So you let him kidnap my boyfriend instead!" She hissed.

"I can help get Lucas back for you. I know all about Charlie's plans." Alex rushed out.

"Why would you help me?" She inquired. "Because I like you. I know you'll never like me back but I'll help you get Lucas back to make up for what I've done." He told her.

Maya considered his offer. "Fine. But after this is over I never want to see you again or I'll kill you myself." She threatened.

"Fully aware." Alex said. Maya took Alex back with him to her house. Cole, Vanessa, and James were sitting on the couch talking.

"We were concerned. We were just about to call Lucas but his phone was here." Vanessa said.

"What the fuck is this dick doing here?" Cole asked. "You guys something happened." She sat down on the chair across from them.

"I was going to visit my mom when Alex kidnapped me and took me to this cabin in the woods." Maya raised her hand up knowing they were about to attack him.

"Lucas came to find me and Charlie had told him to promise to be with him for eternity so he wouldn't kill me. Lucas promised but Charlie snapped my neck. Alex gave me a cup of vampire blood before that and now I'm a vampire. Alex said that he would help get Lucas back and that's why he's here." She explained.

Vanessa punched him twice in the face. Everyone looked in shock since she was usually was calm and collected. "That's for kidnapping Maya and letting my little brother get taken you asshole!" She yelled.

"Nice going sis. I like this new you already." Cole said in amusement. Alex wiped the blood away from his nose.

"Alright what is this thing Charlie is planning?" James asked.

"He's waiting for the full moon in a few days. He's planning on turning Lucas into a hybrid." Alex explained.

"Why did Lucas date that crazy guy again?" Cole said rubbing his forehead. "Do you know where Charlie might have taken Lucas?" Vanessa asked. "No but I could look in the abandoned house he stayed at and try to find something." Alex said.

"Lets do it tomorrow. It's pretty late." James declared. Everyone said goodnight and went to bed.

Maya cried in the shower. Lucas was once again taken from her. This was all her fault. She got out of the shower. She put on one of his shirts and slept on the bed. She held the stuffed animal and she fell asleep.