Chapter twenty two

Maya waited a few more minutes before following after her Dad. Vanessa was in the passenger seat while James and Cole was in the back.

After 50 minutes they made it to her dad's workplace. They watched Shawn open the door with his key and close it after him.

The building was nice and looked expensive. Funny how no one knew what went on inside of it.

The siblings used their vampire senses to find out where Lucas was located in the building.

"Please stop. Please!" They heard Lucas's voice plead. Then they heard a bloodcurdling scream that made the siblings look at each other.

They all had a horrified look on their faces. "What's happening? Why do you look like that." Maya said fearfully.

"They're torturing him. We need to go in there now." Cole said frantically. The siblings ran in the building.

Two workers were walking in their direction when they spotted them.

Faster than the speed of light Cole and Vanessa knocked them out. They tied the unconscious bodies up against the wall with their lab coats.

The four of them ran to the direction of Lucas's screams. They were met with a metal door.

James knocked the door off it's hinges and it collided with the stone floor with a loud bang noise.

"Let go of him!" Maya yelled. Shawn looked up in alarm. "Sweetheart what are you doing here?" Maya ignored the question and ran to Lucas.

Lucas was chained up on the wall. His body was littered with cuts and blood. "Lucas." Maya whispered, caressing his face.

James grabbed Shawn and tied him up. He knocked him out also.

Lucas's half lidded eyes opened. "Princess?" He said weakly. "I'm here baby. I'm here."

Cole and Vanessa broke the handcuffs making Lucas lean on Maya for support.

"He needs blood." Cole said. "I can do it." Maya said. "Are you sure we can get one of the guards." Cole said. "Their blood is probably filled with vervain. It wouldn't be a good idea." James said.

"I'm sure. I trust him." Maya slit her wrist with a knife from the table.

She held her wrist to Lucas's mouth. Lucas's eyes turned red and his fangs elongated. He grabbed her wrist and drank from her. Maya caressed his hair to comfort him.

Lucas made sure to get enough so he can stand and move a bit. He would need a lot more blood to restore back to his full health. He let go of her wrist. "Thank you." He said weakly.

"You're welcome. Are you able to stand?" Maya asked. Lucas shakily stood up. Cole and Vanessa grabbed each of Lucas's arms and placed them over their shoulders.

"My ring." He said. Maya grabbed his daylight ring from the table and placed it on his right middle finger.

Maya grabbed a bandaid and placed it over the cut.

"What do we do with these people?" Cole asked. "We take them to the house. We drain the vervain out of their systems and make them forget the society ever existed." James replied.

They walked out of the building.

James pulled Shawn and the other two men out and put them in the backseat of Shawn's car.

"I'll meet you guys back at the house." James said before driving away.

Vanessa decided to drive this time with Cole in the passenger seat. Maya was in the backseat with Lucas.

Lucas's head was on her lap. Maya was stroking his hair as he slept. Maya stifled her tears with her sleeve so he wouldn't wake up.

She felt a mixture of angry and sad. She felt angry for what her dad did but also herself for ever doubting Lucas's love for her. She felt sad that she wasn't there when he needed her the most.

She pressed her lips against his forehead and continued to brush her hands through his hair.