Chapter Nine

Lucas sped home with a smile on his face. He opened the door. Vanessa, Cole, and James were on the couch watching TV.

Cole paused the TV when he heard Lucas open the door. "Little brother I must say that scene had me in tears." Cole said dramatically.

"You watched us?" Lucas asked, going to the freezer for a blood bag. "Yeah why wouldn't we? Seeing you happy is a momentous occasion." Cole said teasingly.

"Stop teasing him Cole. I thought it was really sweet. I'm happy for you Lucas." Vanessa said being the romantic at heart she was.

"Thanks, she makes me happy too." He drains his blood bag and walks upstairs. He changed into his pajamas and falls asleep.

Lucas woke up at 6am. He got dressed in a black long sleeve button down, dark blue Levi jeans, and brown combat boots. He waits until her parents are gone before jumping up to her window.

He knocks on her balcony doors. Maya turns from the mirror and smiled when she saw her boyfriend. She still gets giddy saying that.

She opened the doors. "Hey." She said softly. "Hey there." He smiled. She tries to lean in for a kiss but Lucas doesn't move.

"Um I would kiss you but I have to be invited inside first." Lucas chuckled awkwardly. "Oh I totally forgot. Come inside." Maya giggled. He leaned in and gave her a proper kiss.

"Why do you have to be invited in?" Maya asked, going back to her mirror to do her makeup. "I think to keep vampires like us out and it gives humans an advantage over us." Lucas answered.

Lucas took a moment to observe her room. She had purple blankets and bedsheets. She had light blue and purple pillows. She had a stuffed teddy bear and he picked it up.

"His name is Cuddly." Maya stated. "How original of you." Lucas joked. "I was six at the time. Give me a break." Maya exclaimed, before laughing along with him.

"How do I look?" Maya asked. "You look beautiful as always princess." He walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her. "Thanks," She smiled. He leaned down and left feather light kisses on her neck making Maya giggle softly.

They walked out the house. They took Lucas's car to school. When they climbed out, everyone started to talk. Lucas intertwined their fingers together. They walked inside the school, not caring what anyone thought of them.

Riley and Farkle walked up to them. "Babe, these are my best friends Riley and Farkle. Riley and Farkle this is my boyfriend Lucas." She introduced them.

"Nice to meet you guys." Lucas gave them a smile. "Nice to meet you too." Riley and Farkle said.

"Peaches can I speak to you for a moment?" Riley questioned. "Sure Riles." She let go of Lucas's hand and walked with Riley. They stopped right by the girls restroom.

They were a little bit further so they can talk in private but ironically Lucas can hear everything they say.

"Peaches don't you think you're moving too fast? It's only been three weeks since you met him." Riley informed her. Maya sighed before replying, "I know it hasn't been that long but I can't help what I feel for him. He changed my life. He makes me so happy Riles."

Lucas decided to stop listening to their conversation. He didn't need to hear the rest to know. She had no doubts about their relationship no matter how short or long they had met.

"Okay Peaches. If he makes you happy then I'll stand by you." Riley said. "I'm glad that you found a guy that gives you what you deserve."

"Thanks Honey you're the best." She pulled her friend in for a hug. They walked out of the bathroom. Lucas smiled when she appeared in front of him.

Riley's heart melted at the newly formed couple. Anyone can see the love between the two of them.