Chapter 9

After arguing with Jay, I got in the car and walked away. I had to order my thoughts. Finally I managed to face Jay. I had respected and supported his decisions all these years. But when did he do it for me? When did he hug me and make me feel loved? I drove through Mumbai, lost in my thoughts. What should I do now? I passed the Mannat and stopped. I looked at the house. I hit the steering wheel and yelled. Why I have these feelings? I opened the window and felt the warm night air and could barely breathe. I couldn't make a decision. Why was he such a coward? Blurred, I saw Gauri get home. That impotence comes again. What had he done? Why did she allow life to live what my heart wanted? I had to leave here.

Since I didn't want to meet Jay, I went to my mother. I needed to talk to someone now. When my mother opened the door and saw me, she felt something was wrong. "Kajol darling, what's wrong with you? Come on my angel." When my mother embraced me, I felt that warmth. I collapsed completely. I cried in his arms like a little girl. She didn't ask me questions. She stroked my head gently again and again. After calming me, she lifted my face and looked at me. "Honey, you want to tell me what happened?" I nodded and started talking about the argument with Jay. How he was again against my project. That he accused Shahrukh again and didn't want to support me. I told her that I had thrown him in the face of the other adventure and that this scar had not healed and that it would probably never heal. Again my mother looked at me. "Ok darling and now you tell me why you're really crying!" I looked at her surprised. "Mom, what do you mean?" "Kajol, I'm your mother, you can't fool me, so now tell me, what's gotten you in such a way?" I got up and started talking about the situation with Shahrukh, I told her we had kissed and felt. I counted on the night after the awards ceremony, I opened my heart and let someone look at my soul for the first time. After I finished, my mother came cautiously towards me and simply put her hand on my cheek. I couldn't hold back the tears, my mother gently wiped my face. "Kajol, what do you really feel about Shahrukh?" I looked down, I was embarrassed, we were talking about a married man and father. "Mom, please I can't answer that. "Can't you Kajol or don't you want?" My mother was right, I didn't want to, because then I could not have been lying to myself anymore. "Can Kajol have such deep feelings for Shahrukh that you can't live with them like that? Isn't it that you have always felt it? Kajol, isn't it time you admitted? He took me by the hand and led me to the lobby. We stopped in front of a mirror. "Kajol look at you Is this the Kajol you want to see? Do you see any spark in your eyes Where is your laughter Kajol, where are you?" I looked in that mirror and saw a shattered Kajol. I saw the romance of Shahrukh Khan and Ajay Devgan's unfaithful wife, I couldn't answer anymore, I collapsed completely in my mother's arms.

From Tanuja's point of view

I put Kajol on the couch. I had never seen my daughter like that before. She was at the end of her strength. I had always guessed. I saw my daughter next to Ajay and did not recognize her. She was cheating everyone. With Ajay, he played the role that was expected of her. But Kajol had reached a point in her life that she had to choose. Would she have the courage to finally be Kajol? I went back and forth to our garden. Should I help her? How could I take away that pain? I had a thought. I went to Kajol and knelt by the sofa ... Kajol had fallen asleep. I gently stroked her face and whispered, "I'm sorry, honey, but I have do."

I got up and went to the garden. I dialled a number and waited ... "Ji?" "Namaste, I think you know who I am?" "Ji aunty, how can I help you?" "Kajol has collapsed in my house, you should come immediately." I felt his deep breath, and it took him a moment to say, "I'll do it right now." I looked at my phone and could no longer repress my tears.

If we want the rainbow, we have to endure the rain. I hope you like it.