Chapter 46

After Shahrukh left the set, I dropped into a chair. How could it be possible that Rani could do this to us? She knew us both. She was family. My thoughts continued to revolve around the same subject. Karan approached but he didn't speak. Everyone on the set could read it on his forehead. Everyone felt very uncomfortable but nobody spoke. More and more people left the set. Carefully, Karan took my hand. "Kajol, come on, please!" I looked at him sadly and nodded.

When I arrived at my bungalow, Shahrukh was sitting at the door. The fog that enveloped him revealed that he hadn't just smoked a cigar. Without addressing him, I opened the door and left it open. I put my things on the table and heard the door close silently. Without turning, I said softly: "Do you want to drink something?" Shahrukh was approaching, he smelled his smell growing stronger. "No, Kajol, I only just want to be with you." I turned around and freaked out, because it was right behind me. I looked at him shyly. I couldn't forget his words but I understood them now. But Shahrukh didn't have the confidence to initiate me. I had made a decision without me that had broken my heart. I accepted it but I couldn't forgive him so easily. Our eyes met and nobody dared to move a tab. Shahrukh carefully stroked a strand of hair from my face and then placed his hand gently on my cheek. I had missed this confidence. "Shahrukh ..." But Shahrukh put his finger on my lips. "Shhhh Kajol, I know I'll pay for my mistakes, but I want you to understand that I would never have put you at stake and less for my career, nothing is more meaningful in my life than you, Kajol I just want you to believe that I have done everything possible to protect you I still don't know who is playing fake on the set, but I will find out, and then I will present the truth to everyone, and if that means my career is going to break, it will be so, I will only fight for us, because only you give my life the meaning." Shahrukh put his forehead against mine and we closed our eyes. I felt his smoky breath and breathed deeply. I loved to breathe it. I repeated to me that I had to stay strong. But I can't. Carefully I opened my eyes and gave him a soft kiss. Our lips didn't move. They only touched. Nobody on that night wanted to cause an error. The delicate bond that united us shouldn't be broke. Shahrukh opened his eyes and looked at me dreamily. Hardly audible, his words reached my heart. "Kajol I love you, I love you today more than yesterday but less than tomorrow, please leave us time to find out who it is, I have to finish it first, but please, trust me." Once again, Shahrukh closed his eyes and he leaned his forehead against mine, his words had come in. Of course I had to trust him, but could I do it? I closed my eyes and listened to my heart's decision, I'll wait, I'll wait for my life if there is only the hope of living this love.

The days on the set went fast. The state of mind relaxed more and more and the scenes ended. Shahrukh was in his element and works at night to make everything perfect. I spent a lot of time alone, where I could think a lot about my life. I enjoyed this time for myself. Finally use this freedom to find myself.

The last night we organized a farewell party

The last night we organized a farewell party. Everyone was relieved and enjoyed the last hours. I walked away from everyone and sat on the beach. I loved when the moon kissed the sea. A love that knew no distance or rancour. I enjoyed the light breeze and closed my eyes. The sound of the waves made me dream and I threw my head back. Carefully, Shahrukh sat next to me. I had noticed but we didn't have to talk. Everything was said and, strangely enough, we had found a way to share our lives without blaming each other for the past few weeks. We trusted each other and our love. Without a word he took my hand and we both stared at the surprising kiss of the moon to the Sea.