001

^soovin

🎶 "𝐈 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨" 🎶

"Soovin, what do you think about going to a private school this year honey?"

"What?"

"Your Father wants you to try to interact with some new people your age. It's not healthy staying in the house all the time, you're too pale," Mom looks me up and down with a concerned expression, "And it wouldn't hurt for you to get a little meat on you."

I stop in my tracks, deciding my 3rd trip to get more ice cream could wait.

It's quite funny how my father makes all the decisions in my life, since he is barely in it.

"You want me to just go to a school and make friends, when I've been home schooled since eight years old?"

There is a reason for that of course. My second grade teacher.

He would make sexual comments towards me and tell me I was too beautiful for my age. Just thinking about him makes me shiver.

I don't have anything against men, but I can't help but feel uncomfortable if a male looks at me for too long. I don't even like when my own father looks too closely at me.

"Sweetie, it would be good for you to learn with other students and- Alright, I'm not going to act like I want this but I do think it would help you be less cautious around people." She says and frowns.

I sigh and close my eyes.

She doesn't understand.

"When I was your age I had many friends that I hung out with, and I loved meeting new people!" She explains.

"Do you think I'd be in the house everyday if getting over social anxiety was that easy?" I start walking to the freezer again.

"Oh no- I mean," She pauses before thinking about what to say.

"This was all your Fathers idea. All of his 'She has no social skills' talk. I know you do deep down, you're just shy most of the time. There's nothing wrong with that. But getting a friend or two is just one of the good things about this change." She explains, waving her hands around.

"You and him are talking again? Weren't you just on no speaking terms a day or 2 ago?" I take out the mango sorbet and start to put more into my bowl.

She looks down and the feeling of regret fills me quickly.

"Well, he said that he wouldn't ever touch me in a bad way again. He looked so sincere. I just know he means it this time." She says, and she looks like she's trying to convince not only me, but herself of what she's saying.

Yeah, right. He keeps saying the same thing over and over. He's just going to do it again. Sometimes I hear my mom just sitting in her room, crying. Sometimes I even hear the screams and noises of things being thrown around when he's home.