020

🎶 "𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥, 𝐈'𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨" 🎶

"Soovin. Why can't you stay out of trouble? Some lady called me talking about you."

I walked over to them and bowed my head as an apology. He looked woozy, like he'd been drinking. He sure did love his alcohol.

"I don't know why she called," I lied through my teeth, "Maybe they mixed me up with someone. I'm sorry."

He nodded slowly, "It's fine then. I didn't feel like having to take you to the hospital because of some dramatic antics."

I bit my bottom lip hard enough to almost draw blood.

If someone heard him they wouldn't believe he was my biological parent. Although I was used to how he acted, it never failed to astound me at how little he cared about my well-being.

My mother patted my shoulder, "Why don't you help me with dinner today dear? Sadly, your father has to leave tomorrow, so we should make it special."

I gave her a polite smile, "Yes mom. I'll come right back down after I get out of my uniform."

She nodded in approval and I headed to my room. As soon as I shut my door, I rested my head in my hands and let out a dejected sigh.

After all these years, why do his words still affect me?

I need to grow up.

I quickly changed out of my uniform into clothes I didn't mind dirtying. As I put my hair into a tight ponytail, I heard a notification from my phone. A delighted smile came on my face as I saw it was from Taehyung.

'How's your day going sweetheart?'

I contemplate telling him exactly how I was feeling, but thinking of the wrath that could come from my father if it affected him kept my silence.

'It's going good. How's yours?'

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Just working and missing you.'

A small giggle left my lips at his cheesy comment.

'I miss you too'
'I wish I could stay with you more'

'I might just kidnap you'
'Your parents are keeping you away from me for too long'

I let out an amused laugh. His smooth way of talking never failed to put me in a better mood. We ended up texting for at least 10 more minutes before I heard my mother.

"Soovin! Are you almost done honey?"

"I'm coming now!"

I frowned but dropped my phone instantly, wanting to hurry and finish so I could return to my room. Downstairs, my mother had already started and my father was still zoned into the television.

That night, we cooked more than enough for us. It took around two hours but the finishing product was beautiful. Our hands were sore from how long we were using them without rest.

My eyes scanned his expression as we all sat down. I was taught to never eat before the head of the house, which was why my mother and I waited for him to start. He seemed pleased with what we made and nodded in approval.