029

^soovin

🎶 "𝐖𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐞, 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞" 🎶

"Soovin honey, wake up."

Let me sleep, please. Just for a little longer.

"You—oh no! You feel so warm."

Stop touching me. I don't want to be touched.

"Soovin please wake up you're worrying me." I feel someone shake me by my shoulders.

I let out a small groan as I slowly open my eyes. It took a few seconds for my vision to clear enough for me to recognize that it was my mother.

"Sorry, I'm up." I mumble, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. My body felt excessively heavy and my head hurt quite a bit.

"Are you feeling okay?" My Mom asks in a concerned tone. Her hand covers my forehead and I lean into the coldness of her palm for relief.

"I'm okay." I hug her softly. She rubs my back for a few seconds before I go and head to my bathroom. My head was pounding but I tried to ignore it the best I could.

"You don't look so good dear! Do you want to stay home today?" I hear her ask.

That would be nice—No, I have the internship to fulfill. It's only the second day, I can't already start skipping. In the real world this would never slide.

"Don't worry Mom! I'm fine thank you. Did you sleep okay?" I respond. The loudness of my voice hurt my own ears.

"Yeah I slept great!" She exclaims, "I have to tell you something when you're out. Come downstairs when you're dressed."

"Mhm." I hum with a toothbrush in my mouth. Dread fills me at the phrase, it never meant good things when anyone said that.

I finish my morning routine and put on my school uniform. After adding a few accessories, I grabbed my backpack and ran down the stairs. My mother was waiting at the table, which was full of food. She didn't usually make such a feast unless my father was present, so I was suspicious.

I sit down quietly and she smiles at me, "Eat lots. I made plenty so you can choose whatever you want." She starts placing food on my plate.

"Thank you Mom," I pop a grape into my mouth, "What was it that you needed to tell me?"

I notice how her smiles fades a bit and she lets out a sigh. My hands clenched together under the table, I couldn't possibly eat with how anxious I felt while anticipating her answer.

"I have to go somewhere for a few days, and I want to know if you'll be okay." She starts.

My eyes widen in surprise, "You're leaving? Where would you even go? Can I come—"

"This is what I was worried about," she sighs, "you're so attached, we need to fix it. I'll only be gone until Sunday. I know I've been treating you like a baby, but you're eighteen now. There are some things you should be able to do on your own."