002

🎶 "𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦" 🎶

A few weeks had passed since the conversation about my school situation. I would've forgotten about it if it weren't for my mother bringing it up almost every time she saw me.

Tonight I was supposed to be going with my parents to an important celebration dinner for my father's job.

Rarely they decide to bring me, so it must be a very big party this time. They don't like me in too much spotlight so they let me stay home most of the times.

"Hurry Soovin! We have to leave now or we'll be late!" I hear my Mom yell.

I look at the clock as it strikes 6:00, we're supposed to be there at 6:30.

"Yes I'm coming now!" I reply as I quickly grab my handbag and run down the stairs.

I hop in the back of the car next to my Mom and finish putting on my heels quietly. My father was in the front seat next to our driver.

"Well, this will be fun right?" My Mom claps, trying to lighten up the atmosphere but fails.

I don't want to see him right now, I don't even care that it's been a month. He is always making decisions without even thinking about how I might feel. Sometimes I wonder if he's my real parent, we have absolutely no connection and he's never shown me any affection.

I remember when I was younger and still full of wishful thinking that he would give me a minute of his time or attention. I gave up on that a while ago.

As we pull up, I check myself in my compact mirror to make sure I still look presentable and gently hold my mother's hand.

It might seem ridiculous, but it helps me feel less anxious in a crowd if I do this before an event. I feel more stable knowing I have at least my Mom with me in an unknown place.

She retracts her hand and frowns, "You're almost 18 Soovin. When will you stop that childish habit of yours?" 

I see my Father shake his head and sigh in disappointment from the front seat.

Why don't they understand?

I give a fake smile and apologize as we exit the car. I walk closely behind my parents as I clench my slightly shaking hands together.

It's okay, it's okay.

I lose count of the amount of people I've been introduced to after a while. Fake smiles and fake laughs. How can my parents like coming to these so much? Maybe I'll understand when I'm their age.

I lightly tap my moms hand, "Restroom. I'll be right back." I whisper and she nods and smiles at me.

I swiftly move through many people as I look around for the bathroom. I need a break from this for a bit.

It's hard to breathe with this many people around.

My head starts to hurt and I get anxious trying to hurry and find it.