008

🎶 "𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝?"🎶

"You should tell the school board! If you won't I will." Aera exclaims before eating another spoon of her froyo.

We were sitting in a frozen yogurt shop and talking about what happened that day at school. It's only been 2 days since then, so I felt proud that I finally mustered up the courage to tell her.

"What if he says he only hugged me because he was worried? Or that he was helping me up? Or that I am lying?" I reply, already overthinking about all of the possibilities.

She shakes her head, "I'll just say I saw it. I don't care if it was just a hug. Plus I heard some people talking, and he had a relationship with one of the students just last year. She was a senior, too."

I tilt my head curious, "What happened to her?"

Aera shrugs, "All I know is that he's a damn creep. No teacher needs to put their hands on their student for any reason."

A part of me was too nervous to tell because of what everyone would think. What if it really doesn't go well? Will I get taken out of school and never be allowed to see Aera again?

She sighs, "Don't worry, okay? Let's do it tomorrow after school. Try to ignore him for one more day."

I nod and give an awkward smile, still unsure.

We finish up and go out separate ways. My entire night consisted of tossing and turning, already dreading the next day.

☯︎︎

It's okay.

My hands were tightly clenched together as I sat through another physics class with Mr.Yang. I avoided any eye contact and sat in the very back of the classroom.

Just 5 more minutes until the bell rings.

I'm fine.

"Soovin," I hear him call out to me and my heart drops, "Stay after class today. I want to talk to you about your test." Mr.Yang gives me a 'nice' smile and goes back to teaching.

Oh no.

I wonder if I can just run out of the classroom and ignore what he's saying. I don't want to be alone with him ever again.

I quickly take out my phone and text Aera the situation. We agree on her standing outside the door recording everything that goes on, and I'll listen to what he has to say.

My entire body trembles as students start clearing out the room. I try to take deep breaths and calm myself and to my surprise, it actually works.

"Come over here." He says, sitting and stacking some papers.

I get up slowly and walk over to him. I sat down and my right leg bounced up and down slightly because of how anxious I was.

"I feel like I've barely seen you dear, have you been avoiding me?" He asks with a smile.

I shake my head, refusing to make eye contact.

"You know I was only hugging you the other day because I was worried, right? I'd never do anything to make you uncomfortable on purpose."