016

🎶 "𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐝𝐲. 𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩" 🎶

{Taehyung's POV of that night}

"Sir, thank you for meeting with me this late. It's such an honor. I know your day was full and your secretary could only put me in at this time."

I give a polite smile to the bowing man. Just another one of the countless people who were trying to do any sort of business with me.

"No problem, I don't usually agree to meetings this late," I side eye a snickering Hoseok, "But you seem sincere."

The man stands up straight with seemingly stars in his eyes, "Oh, I'm the most sincere person you'll meet!"

I sigh silently as we both sat down, then he started talking about what his business had to offer.

This wasn't how my night was supposed to go.

My lovely Secretary and long time friend, Jung Hoseok, knew I had my first free night in a while and still decided to fill it. Without my knowledge, of course. Although, since I didn't have anything better to do, I went along with it.

"I know we aren't nearly as well-known as Hybe Global, but we have very successful rates. We have great deals and amazing customer service as well." He exclaims, grinning nervously.

Air-conditioning? Hoseok must think wasting my time is hilarious.

I don't discriminate anyone's business, but I have enough of a variety already. Nmmm

Hybe Global ™️ was a multibillionaire company that dealt with just about anything from airports, hotels, to even food chains. Owning basically half of Korea didn't come easily, of course. My great, great grandfather and everyone after him, including me, worked their asses off to keep it what it is.

There wasn't anyone in Korea who didn't know of Hybe. Whether it was the restaurants you ate at, the store you got your school supplies from, or the malls you shopped at, we were the ones on top of it all.

"I'm still shocked someone like me could meet with you. I promise I won't let you down if you gave the chance!" He bowed his head again,

"I appreciate you explaining everything. Sadly, I'm not sure if you're what we need right now," He looked devastated and my phone started ringing, "Hold on, let me take this."

The man nodded frantically, probably thinking of ways he could convince me when the call ended.

Seeing the caller ID put me in a better mood instantly. If Soovin is calling me first it must be important. Even if it wasn't considered important, since it was Soovin it was.

"I'm sorry, I-I can't find your shoe. And my head hurts." I hear her small voice groan.

Shoe?

"You can't what?" I hum in response, completely changing my tone of voice to sound more gentle. The man sitting across from me, as well as Hoseok, looked shocked.

Where the hell is she for the music to be this loud in the backround?

"Your voice is sooo deep right now Aera! You should hear yourself." She giggles.