003

^soovin

🎶 "𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐞" 🎶

The day I've been dreading has finally come. The day I'm forced to go out into the world I haven't had to go into for so long.

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and sit up with a yawn, surrounded by pillows and stuffed animals.

7:15 am. I don't have to be there until 9.

I take a deep breath and hug Pinky tightly, "I got this. I got this." I repeat to reassure myself of the long day ahead.

I quickly shower, brush my teeth, and put on the required school uniform. I'm partially grateful since I don't have to stress about finding what to wear everyday along with everything else. I brush my hair to perfection before heading downstairs.

8:07. Not too long until I have to leave.

"Good morning honey," My mom kisses me on my cheek smiling wide, "Today's a big day, huh?"

I nod, trying my best to smile.

She brings me over to the kitchen table and we chat about trivial things while eating breakfast. I wish I could just stay at home with her instead.  After we finish, we leave and get into the car and the driver takes off.

"I'm scared." I confess quietly, holding onto my mothers hand again.

I never learn, do I?

She sighs as she lets it go, "I know, but your father and I will be a phone call away if you need us."

As if that's any more reassuring. I wouldn't call him willingly even in an emergency.

I nod and smile, "Yeah, thank you so much. I'll make you proud."

She smiles at me and pats my shoulder, "I'm sure you will, dear."

"Are you going to walk me in?" I faltered.

My mom frowns and retracts her hand from mine, "No Soovin, you have to try to grow up a bit."

I pierce my lips together, "I know. I will."

Will I really?

My eyes widen as we pull into the school. It was huge. I clench my hands together to keep them from shaking too much.

I can do this. I can.

I grab my backpack and slowly exit the car. My heart was beating faster and faster with every few seconds that passed. I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Good luck! Go through the main entrance and the office is right there okay? You can't miss it." My mom squeals in excitement.

At least she's having fun.

I nod and grin, "Bye bye, I love you."

"Mhm, bye bye!" She waves through the window as the driver pulls off. I take a deep breath and turn around.

I look down at my watch.