004

^soovin

🎶 "𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝." 🎶

Weekends.

What would we do without them?

Although, my supposed rest days were full of restlessness and overthinking. Nothing uncommon. I didn't even have anything to distract myself with.

This was my first weekend after starting in person school. I'm glad to be relaxing but I don't feel like rereading anymore of my books. At this point, I probably could recite some of them word for word.

I've been rolling around in my bed without much of a taste for food. Napping on and off had seemed like the best option for me. It was already Sunday and I was still buried in my pillows and covers without being the least bit productive.

"Honey, can I come in?" I hear my Mom's muffled voice outside of my door. 

"Of course." I sit up, holding Pinky close to me.

She comes in and gently shuts the door behind her, frowning at the stuffed bunny in my arms. My Mom sits down next to me on the bed before smiling at me.

"You seem off, what's wrong?"

My eyes widen. How am I supposed to tell her about what happened last week at school. She would wonder what I was doing on the roof anyways. Also as to why I was holding a male's hand, especially that man being Kim Taehyung.

"I'm just trying to get used to the new school environment," I try my best to smile as innocently as possible, "I miss being here with you everyday." I pout my bottom lip a bit.

She sighs, "I know, but this is good okay? You're already doing amazing. Have you made any friends?"

Aera pops into my head along with some of the conversations we've had and my smile turns genuine. She really was a nice girl. If everyone else I met ends up being like her, my last year of high school will be lovely. I'm still not the best around crowds but I'm doing better and better everyday.

"Um, there's this girl named Aera. She's really nice and I think we will be friends soon." I hum and she pats my head gently.

How am I supposed to act like a 'big girl' when she treats me this delicately?

I miss being a kid.

"Your Father said that Mr.Kim will be coming over later for dinner. They will be talking about business and maybe even about your new school," She looks at me with a worried face, "Make sure you're on your best behavior this time."

I nod and lower my head feeling a little shameful of how I acted at the party. Other negative thoughts start to fill my head.

He thinks I'm a joke.

Why does no one understand me?

I don't know why I thought he would take anything I said seriously. At least he didn't laugh in the middle of our conversation, that would've hurt more.