011

^soovin

🎶 "𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮" 🎶

"Happy birthday my love!" I hear my mothers voice as soon as I wake up. She was waiting for me to open my eyes with breakfast on my night stand.

I smile happily and hug her tightly, "Thank you Mom."

"I made all of your favorites today. The stylist will be here in a few minutes but I wanted to let you sleep in." She presses her lips gently on my cheek. I look over to see a platter of beautifully made foods, all of my favorites really did seem to be there.

I explained to her how I would never finish all of that food on time, so my mother left after we ate most of the platter. After a long shower, the stylist had finally arrived. The time it took to do my hair and makeup was way longer than I anticipated, so I had to rush to put on my outfit.

"You're such an angel." The stylist, Bee, gushed. She set the crown on top of my head, and her and my mother started squealing while looked at me.

Wow.

Wow, was all I could think as I stared at myself in the mirror. I've never looked so pretty in my entire seventeen, well now eighteen, years of living. The dress really did seem as if it was made for me, and the little crown made me feel like a princess.

"Mom, we should get going soon. We're a bit behind right?" I mention, looking at the clock.

"Oh right, your father doesn't like untimeliness. Let's hurry. He's probably in the limo." She replies, grabbing my hand and rushing us down the stairs.

Bee was going to come along just in case any wardrobe mishaps happened, but they told her not to leave the car until all the guests were inside. I tried not to think about how many people would be there.

My hand gently reached to grab my mothers and I could tell she was holding in her sigh of disappointment since it was my birthday. My father shook his head slightly but surprisingly didn't say anything.

"We're here." The driver calls back to us before coming around to open the door. My heart was racing from anxiousness but I let go of her hand as we stepped out.

God, so many people.

I could clearly see at least a hundred people clapping and cheering as we walked down into the entrance. It made me wonder just how many people could actually be inside. The thought of a small, simple party with the few people who cared for me seemed more and more appealing by the second.

For most of the time, I stuck very closely to my mother. It was nothing new, I'm sure people could tell how dependent I was on her by how close I stayed.

My father is probably so disappointed right now, Mom too.

I somewhat force myself to stop overthinking so much. I deserve to have only happy thoughts on my birthday if nothing else, right? Aera will probably get here soon, too.

I look to see where my father ran off to, and I saw him chatting with some professionally dressed men.

Ah, I forgot my birthday was just a great day of business for him. I really do wonder if we're blood related, or if deep down he does care about his one and only child.