010

"𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥, 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥, 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥"

"Stay still!"

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry." I huff, holding myself straight.

My mother was watching as an employee helped me put on a dress. We were at a boutique looking for dresses that I could wear for my upcoming birthday.

"Do you like this one Miss?" The lady asks.

I look in the mirror and do a spin. It was a somewhat pretty dress, but the leg slit that went up to almost my underwear was a bit too revealing.

I didn't even want a fancy party, but of course my mother wouldn't let my eighteenth birthday be a simple one. A pretty cake and a new stuffed animal would be more than enough.

"I'm not sure about this one either." I smile apologetically at the lady. Nothing really complimented me, but soon I'm not going to care and just pick a random one.

She brings out one last dress, it was burgundy and one of the prettiest ones I've seen the entire time.

I'm tired. I'll just pick this one.

"This is good, right Mom?" I look at her examining me from head to toe. The dress was pretty modest, it just showed the tiniest bit of cleavage.

"Hm, I don't know. Is this okay?" She frowns and pokes my cleavage. I jump back in embarrassment.

"Hey!" I exclaim, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

"As long as you like it honey." She smiles sweetly. I nod and we pay and leave. I just wanted to lay in my soft bed and read one of the new books I got recently.

"We should go do something else. We've only been out the house a few hours. What do you want to do?" My mom asks me with an excited face.

"Since we have a big day coming soon we should rest up." I reply, trying to sound cheerful.

Why am I so tired today?

"Oh right! So I hired someone to help you out of the limo on your birthday because-" She starts, and I accidentally block her out as I slowly start to nod off.

"Mhm." I hum, trying to seem attentive. My head leans against the window and the last thing I see are the gloomy looking clouds in the sky.

☯︎︎

"Oh, you don't have to do that! Really!"

"Don't worry, it's the least I can do since I'm imposing without any heads up."

I hear two voices talking and I squeeze my eyes tighter in frustration.

Can't they talk quieter?

I snuggle into the warm and surprisingly hard pillow. My mother must've gotten a new one to test it. It was quite comfortable.

Wait.

My eyes shoot open and I look sideways to see Kim Taehyung's face. He was carrying me on his hip as if I was some small child or something. It was embarrassing but I pushed down my pride for now. My mother was leading him up the stairs and to my room, I supposed.