Chapter 11

Warning: This chapter contains potentially upsetting and triggering content. Please keep yourselves safe and healthy and read at your own risk. 

___________________________________________

"Hey." Jimin's voice was already shaky.

"So? Can we please talk?" Taehyung begged at this point.

"I guess so." Jimin agreed. After sleeping on it and listening to Yoongi's advice, he decided to hear him out.

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Don't make me change my mind." Jimin had gotten frustrated already.

"Okay, um can you come over?"

"Can we go to a public place instead?" Jimin really didn't want to go to his place and he definitely didn't want to be alone with him.

"Can you please just come over? None of my roommates are here and I..."

"And you what?"

"I don't wanna cry in a public place." Now his voice had gotten shaky. Taehyung had a point. If he was crying then odds are Jimin would start crying too. 

Jimin sighed.

"Okay fine. But can you give me a little while first?" It was more of a comment than a question because he was going to take his time either way.

"Yeah. Just text me when you're on your way."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye, Jimin."

Jimin hung up the phone and leaned back in his seat, gripping the steering wheel. He already regretted agreeing to this. He would listen to him and then cut off all ties. That's it. He was going to prove to Taehyung, and himself, that he was strong and didn't need Taehyung.

~

It wasn't until an hour later he was on his way to Taehyung's house. He stopped at home first to talk to his parents and tell them he was going to Jungkook's house as he obviously couldn't tell them where he was really going. It took so long because his mom was pestering him with questions and he had to act like everything was okay and that he wasn't in a rush.

He pulled up to the familiar condo shared by Taehyung and his two roommates. All the memories of him lying to his parents by saying he was hanging out with Jungkook when he was really sneaking off to hangout with his boyfriend came flooding back.

He wanted to leave. He wanted to turn back. But he was here and he couldn't back out now.

He walked up the pathway and knocked on the door. Taehyung answered immediately.

Jimin wanted to break down. That's all it took, one look at the person he'd fallen so hard for a few years back and never stopped loving. A lump had formed in his throat and he felt as though his heart was going to pound right out of his chest.

Taehyung's big brown eyes were puffy and had a glossy sheen over them, which was the first thing Jimin noticed. He was wearing a white tshirt, that contrasted so nicely with his honey toned, soft skin. His hair had grown out, the current color a graying/ash blonde with black streaks in it and it covered his forehead. He looked up at him, even though Taehyung was less than a few inches taller than him.

The boys looked at each other for a few seconds, the tension between them only getting stronger.

Taehyung moved over, allowing Jimin entry into his house. Jimin sat on the couch, waiting for Taehyung to join him.

"Go ahead and talk, I'm listening." They hadn't even exchanged hello's. Jimin wanted to get this over with and leave.

Jimin faced Taehyung and rested his elbows on his knees, waiting for him to speak.