4

Pov: 3rd Person

  Scourge held Sonic close through the day. Sonic's room, his bed, hardly used because of how Scourge insisted they sleep together. Sounds came from above, foot steps. A distant and faint sound, but the smell of blood mad it obvious someone was in the hut six feet above their ceiling. A smirk came from the awake green hedgie, he knew exactly what he wanted to do. The smell of blood waking Mephalis and Silver as well. Sonic didn't care... he was sleeping peacefully next to Scourge. Upstairs, Rouge held a bag of blood from a blood bank. It was stolen, but she sure it was a common enough type to easily be replaced. The bag was open, but only from a prick by a needle. A tiny hole that dripped little droplets of blood to lure in a certain group of vampires.

"You smell that?" Scourge smirked.

"A free meal," Mephalis had an invisible grin.

"Wonder if they scare easy," Silver laughed.

"Well, let's have some fun," Scourge cracked his knuckles as they all laughed.

  Inky tentacles made their way around a sleeping Sonic, waking him.

"Mephawis?" He's tired, horse quiet voice made him ocationally pronounce things wrong, "What's oning non?"

"Damn, you're too cute when you're waking up. We're gonna play a little game. You remember the scare game?" He asked.

"No pwease noh tat game," Sonic whined.

"But we haven't played in so long, I'll make you feel good if you play. Scourge and Silver are already getting things ready up in the hut," he pulled Sonic onto his lap, "won't you play for us?"

"Ooh.... don't begg... please don't," Sonic was fully awake now, realizing he still couldn't say no.

"My promise won't go unfulfilled," he ran his hand down Sonic's chest, "I know what you like."

"Fine..." Sonic gave in. He hated not being able to say no to his friends, but he hated saying no and seeing them upset even more, "... t-there aren't costumes this time, right?"

"Of course there are, now I need to get you ready before it's too late," Mephalis picked up a brush, dripping with red paint, "this is gonna be fun."

  Sonic only gulped in response.

Pov: Rouge

  I was bored in an old hut. Little Sonic was no where to be seen. Shadow was just standing by the wall, gun ready in hand, wooden stake on his belt. The others where here too, but they kept poking and looking threw stuff. Suddenly the windows and door slammed shut.

"I don't like that," Tails whimpered, "Rouge... you sure this place is for vampires and ... and n-not ghosts?"

"I'm positive," I answered.

"Ghosts don't exis-" Amy was cut off by a falling vase.

I though I saw a glimpse of something white and blue slip by. Noises began and ended. I followed it up the broken steps, behind the last door was the sound if crying and laughing. Tails was in a panic, Cream would have fainted by now. Glad she stayed back.

  I opened the door, darkness everywhere except for one thing in the middle of the room. Torn clothes, bruises and cuts all over. Those blue quills... it was Sonic! He had tears in his eyes.

"Sonic!" I grabbed him, he looked terrified... something must have attacked him, "Sonic, are you okay? Did those vampires do this?" I wiped the blood from his cheek and help up the blood bag, "why not drink some and calm down."

"... i... i..." He was spoke through his tears, "... I can't do it!" He took off and ran into the darkness, "Silver!"

"Wait Sonic cone back!" I called, I turned around Shadow had been aim this entire time, "Asshole! Stop threatening to kill him!"

"Why do you keep looking for him?! He'll kill you first, they all do," he snapped as he always did.

  The lights turned on. This was just an empty room. No blood, no evidence of a fight.

"Well Blue, you lose," there was another door to a hidden room. That green vampire came out, "you didn't even scary the twin tailed brat."

"I know..." He cried.

"So, now that Sonic lost, who do we drink first?" The mouthless one commented.

"None of us," Shadow fired at them.

"No Shadow!" I shouted.

Pov: Sonic

  Why weren't they dead. The bat lady and scary shooter... They weren't drained. The gunshot startled me, I didn't know where it would hit... until I felt a pain in my arm.

"Sonic?" Silver grabbed me, "You're. Fucking. Dead."

PoV: Shadow

  This was to dangerous to just mess around anymore. I only shot the little one in the arm, now the larger three were attaking me. They didn't bother with the others, why were the only after me?

"I told you, never aim that gun at my blueberry again. Now I have to kill you," Scourge smirked, his fangs cutting his bottom lip.

"Get away from Shadow!" Amy brought out her hammer and swung.

  She missed all three of them, but completely destroyed the floor below us.

"Shadow are you okay?" Tails called.

"I'm fine," I ignore the small bruise I had and went back to the fight.

"Lets make this fair," Knuckles jumped onto the fight.

  Now it was three against three.

Pov: Rouge

What was Shadow thinking? Shooting an injured kid like this, I walked carefully along the destroyed wood to Sonic. He was curled up in the corner.

"Sonic," he looked my way and backed up against the wall, "it's okay. Look," I held up the blood bag, "I br-"

"Get that away from me!" He shouted.

"No it's okay. It's just blood. I'm sure you like, it's O positive. Lots of people have that type," I held the bag out by he still wouldn't take it, "you can trust me. I didn't do anything to it."

"No, I don't want it," he really wasn't taking it, "I don't drink mortal blood."

"Amazing," I've never once met a vampire who refused mortal blood... this kid. Some thing the different about him, "I'll by you a raw steak then."

"... you're not gonna kill me instead?" He asked.

"No, not at all. You have any preference to what kind of steak?" I asked.

"... not really," I wiped the blood from his cheek, "what are you doing?"

"Your hurt all over. I've gotta clean you up," the cut wiped right off, "what the?"

"Oh, it's fake. Mephalis did it for the game," he wiped off all the bruises and cuts. His only really injury from Shadow's gun, "you should go while the sun's still up. When ni-" he collapsed.

"Sonic?" I picked him up and shook him, a wound directly in his heart.

"Shadow... you killed it," Tails was whimpering as he leaned on the door frame.

  There was Shadow, gun steaming from a fresh shot. He killed Sonic.

Sonic laid lifeless in my arms, "Damn it... Shadow!"