19

Another amazing cover from OwlHugs hope you guys like it.
(Also slight gore warning)
~~~~~~

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic spent a lot more time in the sun now. He was so happy like this. For once, we could be with him without the three stogies. I watched as he and Cream made flower crowns in the back yard. I walked up to him.

"Sonic," I started, suddenly feeling slight butterflies in my stomach. I ignored the feeling, "would you like to out tomorrow? Walk around in the city while the sun's out?"

"I'd love to do that! I'll wake up early for it," he had a bright smile on his face.

"Good," I went back inside, why did I ask him to go out? But his smile.... what's the matter with me, he's dating Scourge... slime ball bastard.

"Shadow," Rouge came into my room, "did you just ask Sonic out?"

"It's not a date, relax. I have no interest in him like that, it was just to make him happy that's all," I looked at her. She had a giddy smile on her face, "what."

"You have a crush on him. You're totally jealous of Scourge," she squealed.

"Will you shut it, none of what you said is true," I growled.

"So what will you do when Scourge kills you for stealing his boyfriend?" She ignored me.

"I don't know," I sighed.

"Do you want to marry Sonic?"

"I don't know."

"What do think of this image. You two just finish a nice date, now he's laying on the couch with you."

"I... I shouldn't be thinking if things like that, he's dating Scourge anyway," I let myself fall back onto my bed, "Why did you bring him here in the first place?"

"When I first met Sonic, you brought him in. His blood drained and he was near death. You tried killing him the second he woke up," she reminded me of a memory I know regret.

"I know that, I regret it now," I mumbled.

"I know you do," she sat down next to me, "the minute you held the gun up to him, I saw something in his eyes. Emptiness, and sorrow. At first I thought it was because you were about to kill him, but the fear he showed around us told me it was something else.

"Shadow, Sonic can never rest in peace. If he's killed, he comes back. You might be 'immortal' but Sonic truely can not die. He seemed to long for death. I've seen that look in his eyes more than once, and I wanted to change that. I don't know how long Sonic's been alive, but I know it's been too long for him. That's why I brought him here. I wanted to cure that look, I never wanted to see it again."

"..." I wait for Rouge to wipe her tears before speaking, "he told me once, how he'd trade everything to feel the sun and fear death. I think, he's live such a long life that he doesn't want to live it anymore. I want to make him happy, for more than a second in his life time."

"I know you do," she kissed my cheek, "be sure to catch him something during your date. Like a squirrel or something, it'll be romantic for a vampire."

"I intended to."

--- 1,020 years ago ---

PoV: Sonic