36

PoV: Sonic

°•○●○•°

"You won't be protected forever. All mortals die."

°•○●○•°

"No!" I was awake in the middle of the night again.

"Sonic, you okay?" Rouge woke up.

"Uh?! Wha-?" I looked around, I was in Rouge's bed.

"You've been having these nightmares for a week already," she pulled me into a warm hug, "come here baby. No one is going to hurt you. Okay, no one can touch you."

"I'm going to the bathroom," I got back up and walked to the bathroom.

"I'll be here," Rouge called.

  I finished my business and washed my face. There weren't any bruises this time, but I wasn't hurt this time either.

"What the... Where?" I looked around, my necklace was gone, "I thought it didn't come off? What was all that?"

"Sonic, you're taking a while," Rouge came in and turned the light on. It blinded me for a moment as my eyes adjusted, "You okay?"

"I can't find my necklace," I answered.

"I thought that thing was glued on," she lifted my chin, "it is gone. What the heck?"

"Why are you screaming again?" Knuckles groaned coming in, Scourge, Mephiles, and Silver behind him.

"He had another nightmare you idiot," Shadow came in, "Where'd your necklace go?"

"I don't know, I woke up and it was gone," I answered.

"Let me see," Shadow lifted my chin like Rouge did, I felt warm again, "I don't think its gone."

"What are you talking about? It's not on his neck," Rouge's stated, "its lost."

"Do you remember that weird reading Tails got on his laptop when he measured the energy from the necklace?" He asked.

"Not really, he's always on his computer," she answered.

"I think it's been seeping into his body this entire time. Slowly seeming to get smaller and smaller, its just been connecting with him," Shadow's explanation freaked me out.

"It's inside of me?!" I fell back.

"Gotcha," Silver was holding me.

"Well need Tails's equipment to confirm, for now you should stay out of the sunlight," Shadow ordered.

"We'll be back together all night," Sliver cheered, "just like before."

"Yeah," I replied, it might be good for me to take a break from sunlight, I'm not supposed to be in it anyway.

"Well check for the readings when Tails wakes up," Shadow rubbed my ear for a quick second, I bit my tongue to try and keep from purring out loud... it didn't help too much.

"Your purrs are so cute," Sliver bit my ear.

"Mm!" I covered my mouth, I have a feeling there're going to be games tonight.

--- Next Night ---

  I was sleeping in the day now, I didn't get a nightmare that day. It was such a nice relief to have a peaceful days sleep.

"Sonic, come on. Everyone's asleep, let's play a game," Scourge pulled me in, "I was thinking hide and seek."

"Just hide and seek, right?" I asked.