5

Pov: 3rd Person

Rouge started a fight with Shadow. He kicked and he fought back, not using any weapons. Tails snuck over to Sonic's body. No pulse or movement. He was dead.

"Son of a bitch," Silver picked up the blue hedgie, "Scourge, Mephalis. Kill them all. I'll stay here with Sonic."

Silver closed the dull and lifeless emerald eyes that belong to the azure vampire. Sonic's wound ran deep. The bullet had gone straight through the center of his heart and into the wall behind him. His heart remained still and lifeless as the fight went on.

  Shadow was practicly killed, but he evaded a piercing shot from Mephalis. One beat came from a once dead heart. A green light swirled around and azure and peach chest. The only signs of a wound were holes in his shirt and the blood that stained his once white clothes. The swirls gathered around his arm and vanished. Not a single scratch remained on Sonic. Bright emerald eyes opened, making every mortal freeze in their tracks.

"You okay? Are you hungry?" Silver asked.

"I-I'm fine... I can feed myself," Sonic answered.

"What the fuck?" Shadow stood shocked. His shot was dead on, he wasn't wrong, "I just killed you."

"Duh," Silver rolled his eyes.

"Sonic must be protected. So you must die," Mephalis readied another attack.

"After all, Sonics a one of a kind vampire," Scourge smirked just before knock Shadow out cold, "Time for a midday snack. Sonic eat something."

"I'm not hungry," Sonic answered.

"You're really alive?" Rouge asked running back to Sonic's side.

"Hey Sonic our lunch came to us," Silver grabbed Rouge arm. She only punched him and pulled Sonic from his arms, "ow."

"I'm not anyone's lunch. Now let's go home. Knuckles carry Shadow back," She ordered.

  Scourge was just about to bite when Knuckle socked him in side of the head. Amy broke open a couple walls leaving the three vampires trapped until nightfall.

"Get back here with my blueberry," Scourge shouted.

"I'll bring him back when you treat him right," Rouge snapped and covered Sonic with her hoodie. The large sleeves covered his hands. The hood covered his face with a dark shadow. Sonic waved suttlily over her shoulder as he was carried away. Rouge opened the door and Sonic gripped her shoulder. He had never once been out while the sun was. He felt warmth through the jacket... a new feeling for him.

"Like the sunlight?" Rouge asked.

"Its warm," Sonic poked a finger out of the sleeve, "ow!" He was burned immediately.

"Careful!" Rouge held his hand under the sleeve, "pull the hood down," she tugged it over his eyes.

"Um... why are we bringing him with us?" Tails asked sheepishly.

"Because he doesn't belong with them. The use him Tails. Take advantage of him. So... I'll take care of you know," she turned to Sonic for the last part, "like a little brother."

"Or a pet," Knuckles laughed, "you seriously just picked a pet vampire."

"Shut it, be fore I shut your tap for you," Rouge growled.

Pov: Sonic

  The sun was really warm... but it hurt so much when it touched my fur. Everything looked different in the sun. Brighter, warmer, full of life. It was so new to me.

"Hi," the pink girl was walking behind Rouge, in front of me.

"... h-hi?" I wasn't sure if she was really talking to me.

"Hmhmhm!" She giggled, "you're cute,  for a vampire."

"What do you mean for a vampire?" I didn't know why she added that part.

"Amy. Don't talk like that," the bat lady commented, "you're cute no mater what sweetie," she pinched my cheek.

"... um alright..." I rubbed my cheek.

  The warmth of the sun was making me tired. Especially since everyone stopped talking... it was quiet. For some reason, I didn't feel scared anymore. Not of the bat lady anyway, she gave me a new feeling. Silver always made me feel safe, but she made me feel safe in a different way. I wonder what word would fits.

---

  I woke up in a dark room. I could see just fine, what told me it was dark were the covered windows and the downwards light switch.

"I'm just checking on him. You stay out of my room," I heard from outsode the door.

"He's going to kill you Rouge."

"He doesn't drink mobian blood. So Ha! Now leave me be," the door opened. And the light turned on.

"Rouge."

"Go away Shadow," the bat lady came back, scary shooter was behind her.

"Why didn't you die?" He growled.

"Shadow!" She glared at him, she's scary when she's mad.

"I need to know if their evolving. They could end up stronger," he stated.

"Get out!" She pushed him out and slamed the door, "sorry sweetie. He's just upset that he lost to the same vampire twice. Are you hungry? I'll bring up that stake I promised you."

"I'm okay. Is the sun still out?" I asked.

"Not for much longer. I got you a change of clothes," she handed me black pants with a pink steak down the sides and outlining the pockets, "Sorry their my older clothes. I didn't have time to buy you something with Shadow glaring at my room door."

"Its okay," I held up the pink and white striped shirt, a red heart on the front, "... is there a place I should change in?"

"Oh sorry. I'll turn around," she was facing the door.

  I changed, the shirt was a little big. The pants were long but the hips fit after folding it a few times.

"I'm done," I said.

"Aww, it suits you well. Here," she tossed me back the black and pink hoodie, "I'll feed you down stairs."

"But... I don't need to e-" I was cut off my my own stomach betraying me and letting out a loud growl.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," She held my hand and opened the door.

Scary shooter was still there. He glared at me and I hid behind bat lady. No doubt about. Mortals are the scariest things ever.

~~~

  Did I trick you? It's too early to kill a cutie like Sonic. I think I might die of I actually killed him. I hate sad storied.

  Anyway this seems to be the only book without an artist block. Probably because it's new. Until part 6.

Bye bye~😙