44

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic was chewing on the wooden spoon when I got back from using the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" I looked at how splintered the wood was, "Sonic why are you chewing on a spoon?"

"It felt good, my teeth were feeling sore and biting just felt good," he said.

"I need to bring you home," I sighed opening his mouth to look at his fangs. They had gotten longer, not by much, Rouge would have never noticed. His lower lip had small blisters where the newly grown fangs were rubbing against it, "Does it hurt?"

"It stings a little," he answered.

"Your nails feel long too," I said as I picked up his hand. His nails seemed to be imitating claws, "What's happening to you."

"His power is returning," the cloaked woman was back, "I'll be sending you home now."

"Finally have your energy back?" I asked.

"I do. Sonic, be a good boy," she scratched his ear and Sonic made a cute little squeak sound.

  A portal opened and I picked up Sonic. We left and she followed us. We showed up in my room.

"Protect him," she ordered me, "This is a spare bracket in case he loses or breaks the other. His blood won't smell the same for much longer. Now that he's fully absorbed the jewel," she   handed me a bone, "You'll need to buy more of those. I'll be around more often."

  She disappeared and we were alone again.

"I wish we knew her name," I said, picked up Sonic.

"I think we've met before," Sonic said, looking at the bracelet.

"You have. When she put the necklace on you," I pointed out.

"No, before all this. Before I met Mephilies and Silver... I might just be homesick," he said.

"Well we're home now. Go say hi to Rouge. Stay away from the whores," I opened the door.

"The whores?" He looked at me.

"Amy, Silver, Mephiles, and Scourge."

"Don't be mean. Mephilies doesn't touch me without Silver's consent," his little glare was adorable.

"Go, Rouge has been worried."

PoV: Sonic

  I walked out, the lights were off. I could only tell because the light switch was down. Rouge was on the couch in sweats, empty bottles around her.

"Rouge, I'm home," I poked her cheek.

"Hmm?" She woke up and looked at me, "Sonic? SONIC!" She grabbed me and pulled me over the couch I to he arms, "Oh my baby! I was so worried. I couldn't find you, I could get a clue. You're really home?"

"Yeah Rouge. I'm home," I gave her a soft smile and she kissed my cheeks.

  She hugged me and I heard her start crying. I rubbed her back a little to calm her down. She started rocking me in her arms and squeezing me a bit. I felt so warm and at home.

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again. I'm gonna protect you, I promise," she kissed my forehead and nose.

"I'll stay here, I promise."

  I held her hand and she carried me to her room. I was back to sleeping in bed with her again, I had worried her so much so I just let it be. She gave me a bath, changed me into.cizy pyjamas, fed me, and spent the night squishing my face and holdong me.

  I wouldn't up getting the same reactions when everyone else got up, only Scourge kissed me on the lips. Sticks, Tails and Cream only hugged me. Knuckle ruffled my fur: and Amy tried kissing me, but Rouge pinched her.

  I was switched between Scourge, Silver, Mephiles and Rouge's lap. Though any second on their laps Rouge pulled me back into her arms.

"Sonic come on. Bed time," Rouge carried into bed and laid next to me.

  It was nice and cool in her room. She hugged me the blanket. Her scent made me feel like I could sleep for days. It was peaceful. I miss being in this house. I never thought this place would be home. Now I know what home is, I hope it never goes away.

~~~