27

PoV: Silver

"You think you can just take him from me punk!" Scourge was pissed. Having Shadow's smell all over our little vampire defiantly was upsetting, but Sonic can't say no to anyone.

"We didn't do anything. Sonic was upset and need comfort, you were snoring in the basement," Shadow growled.

"Either way it doesn't matter," Mephy said, "Sonic being upset is top priority, not to mention his safety. Shadow exactly how upset was Sonic?"

"He kept apologizing, I stopped him from crying but that's as far as it got," Shadow answered.

"That's not too bad," I looked to our room where Sonic was napping, So long as he doesn't snap he should be fine.

I walked away from the argument to my room. Sonic was asleep on my side of the bed, I laid down next to him and held his hand. His shoulders relaxed and I felt his pulse almost stop. He was calmer now. I carefully pulled him in for a hug and he purred.

"You're so cute, I hate knowing that you cried," I kissed his ear and it flickered, "I'm gonna protect you okay. "

  ---

"Silver?" Sonic yawned as he woke up, "whas oning nyon?"

"You're so cute when you wake up," I rubbed his ear and he purred.

"Nothing at all, just making sure you're safe. You want to go hunting with me?" I asked, "We can lure people into the woods so there's no chance of you being kidnapped again."

"kay..." He yawned again, as he sat up.

"Sonic," he looked at me and I stole a kiss.

"S-s-silver!" His face was completely red.

"Come on, 11 pm is the best time to hunt. We're missing all the fast food junkies," I pulled a jacket over him and a strapped on his sneakers. I picked him up and carried him on my back, "I bet we can find a nice owl for you tonight."

"Do they live in this area?" He asked, his voice was back to normal, he was fully awake.

"I miss your sleepy voice," I teased.

"You and the others, I don't hear a difference," he made himself cosy on my back.

"I love you," he hid his face behind my shoulder and squeaked, "your so cute."

  He was hiding his blushing face until we reached the woods. I sat him on a stone. We found ourselves out side a fast food lot with no drive-thur. I smiled as we found someone with a large meal, full hands made baiting them easier.

"Keys, where did I put my keys?"

  Once the bags were on  the roof of the car I moved them to the next hood.

"Got them- what the? I must in the wrong spot," I moved the bag over more.

  Once I had him behind the first tree, I bit. Not a scream from him, once the paralysis starts the victim is helpless. I drained him completely, Sonic only watched.

"You want to check don't you?" I asked. Sonic nodded, "Here," I tossed him his wallet, "any signs of family?"

"No," Sonic tossed it back, no pictures.

"What's this?" I picked up some rectangle in his pocket.

"Don't know. Does it open?"

"What would it even hold?" I opened it and what looked like a layer fell off.

"Maybe it was too keep it sealed?" Sonic took the layer, "It doesn't have a picture, it's just grey."

"Does it open from here?" I opened the rounder side and a little square fell out.

"A square to hold a square. What's the shiny side do?" Sonic pressed the oval on it, "nothing. This thing is useless."

"Mortals have such weird things," I put it down and we left, "let's go find an owl."

"Kay."

PoV: Shadow

"Scourge you need to calm down. You know Sonic can't say no when he's given an offer. You use that to get his attention," Mephilies stated.

"You think I care? I'm not mad at Sonic, I'm mad at this slut for using that against him," Scourge was growling at me, I didn't flinch.

"I didn't use his kindness against him. I comforted him. He just happened to break down in the sunlight, did you really expect me to just leave him crying?!" I snapped.

"You're off the hook, if you touch him first again, you'll pay," Scourge snarled.

"What if he sits on my lap of his own free will?" I knew I was pushing it. I didn't care, I had a uv light pen in my pocket.

"Your pushing it Shadow, you aren't part of the deal," Mephilies stated.

"Then I want to be part of it. It clearly involves Sonic, I want to know what it is," I answered.

"Scourge," Mephilies looked at the green vampire, "We'll need Silver's consult."

"I'm fine with that," I replied.

"You won't live long enough to last, midnight tomorrow come down to the base ment. We'll see what the vote is then," Scourge left.

"Your a stupid mortal, the last girl that joined our deal died before Sonic made his choice. I hope you enjoyed you life while it lasted," I only smirked to Mephiles's words.

  Sure thing, but I'm not mortal.

PoV: Sonic

"Silver, did you catch it?" I asked as I slid down the tree.

"No, not yet. Don't worry, I'll get it for you," he pick me off the trunk and sat me on a rock.

"Got it!" He pulled it down and handed it to me.

  I sunk my fangs into it's flesh and drained it.

"Good?" Silver asked.

"Yeah," I laid it down under some leaves, "You still hungry or are we going home?"

"I'm done," Silver stretched.

"Oh, I don't think either of you are going home."

"What?" I turbed around to find no one.

"Who's there?!" Silver growled as he pulled me him.

"Your king," a green hedgehog in a red cape showed up.

"And your Queen," a pink hedgehog walked up in a red gown.

"We aren't a part of your kingdom!" Silver shouted.

"Seize them," I was pulled away from Silver, my arms pinned behind me.

"Sonic!" Silver had about twelve vampires holding him down.

"Silve-!" My mouth was covered and the pink girl walked up to me.

"Now," she reached for my throat, No! Don't drain me!

  I felt something different like my skin was on fire. It burned like the sun was hitting me. She was pulling something.

"Its sealed onto him," the pain stopped and she pulled her hand away.

"Should we take him?" The green on asked.

"Its too close to sunrise, we can't risk a struggle. Let's go!" I was dropped to the ground and Silver picked me up.

"Sonic, are you okay? What did they do to you?" My vision was blurring.

"Silver... my body feels like... It on fire," I couldn't move.

"They were trying to take off your necklace.

"Aa!" I felt a quick surge of pain.

"Sorry, it must still be sensitive," I felt him lift me up, I closed my eyes and just felt him holding me, "Don't worry, I'm taking you home."

  I felt exhausted. Silver's scent slowly putting me to sleep.

~~~