56

PoV: Rouge

"Rouge," Sonic tugged my shirt, "Food."

"You're hungry," I ruffled his quills a bit, "What do you feel like eating?"

"You have a mouse in the cabinets again," he was eyeing one of the cabinets.

"I don't want you eating rats, but there's no stopping you is there," he left me and started stalking the cabinets, Sonic, don't take to long if you want to come to school with me."

  He nodded and started waiting for the time to attack.

SCREEECH!!!

  Sonic caught the mouse.

"Sonic," I called, pulling out his clothes for today, "Did you get blood on your pyjamas?"

"Little bit," he answered.

"I'm gonna need to buy more lime juice," I sighed.

  Soaking his clothing in lime juice usually got the blood stains out. Washing them twice removed the smell. I needed a better solution, our water bill was getting high.

"Come here," I used a napkin to clean his mouth. His bit off the back of the rat again, "You're drinking blood and eating raw meat. It's not making you sick?"

"No, I feel fine," he looked at me.

"Let's get you changed," I pulled his bloody shirt off and cleaned him up, washing his face and changing him.

  I got him dressed. The sun had no effect on him anymore, and he wore anything to feel the sun. He wasn't the same as he was with Scourge. Sonic had become more open, discovering things for himself. He was getting the hang of independence. Scourge said he was depressed before him, honestly, it was hard to see it myself. He was happy, acting strange here and there when he wanted some thing, but still happy.

  And when he was with Shadow, I had never seen such a genuine smile on his face.

---

"You're bringing him everyday now," Blaze had Sonic on her lap, he was busy taking my notes for me, "He might as well get a Master's himself. Sonic, you're going to get a Master's Degree when you grow up aren't you?"

"Grow up?" Sonic repeated.

"Hey, don't distract my note taker. I need his work," handed Sonic a raw meatball that had been wrapped up to look like a lollipop.

"Rouge, don't give him sweets everyday. He's going to get a cavity," she took the stick from him and opened his mouth. Sonic got defensive immediately. We still hadn't told Rouge he was a 'creature of the night,' "Let me see."

"No," Sonic covered his mouth with his hands.

"I won't hurt you, just let me see," she tried moving his hands, Sonic wouldn't budge.

"Blaze, don't worry. Sonic has a dentist appointment tomorrow anyway," I made up an dentist appointment to get her to stop.

"I do?" Sonic looked at me.

"Aww man, I didn't want to say it so I wouldn't freak him out," I kept the lie going.

"I don't wanna go~" Sonic seemed to have caught the message. He had those puppy dog eyes down. I hope he doesn't ever use those on me. I wouldn't be able to say no, "Rouge... don't make me go..."