43

PoV: Sonic

  My stomach was growling. I woke up to hunger I hadn't felt like this in a while. I bit into my arm and started to drain myself. My blood had no flavor. It wasn't good or bad. Just warm.

"Sonic," Shadow got up. I pulled my arm away as quickly as I could before he caught me. My fangs cut open my arm instead, "Why didn't you tell me you were hungry?"

"I didn't want to wake you," I licked my wound clean and it started healing.

"I'll find you something to eat," he looked around, "there's nothing in this room other than the bed. It's still pitch black outside. Can you last until morning?"

"Yeah, but I don't think any predictor will. I wasn't expecting to scared, my blood is on the sheets. Someone might smell it," I licked the blood off my fur.

"I'll start a fire," Shadow started a small fire and tore off the piece of the sheets with my blood and burned it, "I almost forgot this."

"What is that?" He places a bracelet on me with a small blue jewel on it.

"It's supposed to repress the scent of your blood. This should keep you hidden," he kissed my hand, "This one is guaranteed not to slip into your body.

"That's nice," I looked at it, "You're sure it'll hide me?"

"If it doesn't work, I'll still protect you on my own."

"I thought you hated vampires," I held his hand.

"I hate vampires, not you," he kissed me.

  I kissed back as he pinned me down ever so gently.

"Every time I come in here you two are making out," the cloaked woman came in holding a mouse.

"Why can't you come in after I'm done," Shadow groaned as he sat up, helping me sit up after him.

"I'm just here to feed Sonic," she handed me the mouse and I drained.

  I felt like napping now, I don't get it, I just woke up.

PoV: Shadow

  Sonic laid over my lap, he wasn't moving too much. It was like he had mortal blood again.

"What did you do you him?" I kept my guard up.

"Replaced mouse blood with mortal blood to keep him from getting ill," she waved a ball in front of him and he attacked it. He was chewing on it, "and got him a chew toy."

"He's not entirely vampire is he?" I asked.

"What makes you say that?" She threw some meat onto a pot over the fire.

"His mother could die from a wooden stake while it did nothing to his father. His father could be killed by Silver, though it only burned his mother. Those were your exact words. A vampire is killed by a stake, and burned by silver," I said, Sonic stopped playing, he was listening now, "A stake to the heart would kill just about anything, but a resistance to that with a weakness to a silver bullet. That could only be werewolf."

"Well, you know your immortal creatures. But who knows why Sonic has his powers. He is a powerful little vampire," she scratched behind Sonic's ear.

"Shouldn't you be telling him this. Why tell me?" I asked.

"He doesn't need to know," she added another log on the flame.

"It's his body. He should know what's in his DNA," I could get a clear view of Sonic's fangs as he bit the ball. A slightly different shape from a vampires, but it didn't match a werewolf's, "What is he?"

"You'll know, if he ever gets past exe," she disappeared.

  The only thing she left behind was a pot of stew.

~~~