50

PoV: Sonic

"Back off!" I freed myself from her grip, "Seriously what with people kidnapping me?!"

"It stops here," she hung her coat.

"Where are we?" I looked out the window, the sky was violet with dark clouds. I looked down, the water was like black oil. I could see fish swimming with only parts of their flesh over their bones, "What is this place?"

"The land of the undead. Where you and all vampires belong," she placed a hand on my shoulder and turned me to face her, "you're almost done adjusting to your unsealed powers. The transformation will fade soon."

"Transformation? You mean no won't look like this forever?" I asked.

"Not at all," fiddled with my fur and pulled me into a hug, "I missed you, my baby boy."

Baby boy? Oh. I guess I could have guessed that.

"Are you my mother?" I asked.

"I am," she squeezed me, "and I've missed you since the day I let you go as a baby."

"Why did you let me go?" I didn't feel like I missed her, or that I cared for her. She said she was my mother, but I never knew her.

"There were so many things happening. I couldn't take care of you so I let you go and seal your powers to protect you. Then your father was killed and you disappeared. I finally found you again, and you were grown up. I had spent years dealing with attempts to raise Sonia and Manic, but their father ruined them before his own death."

"Why would you want raise Sonia and Manic?" I backed away from her.

"Sit down," she pointed to the couch, "I need to tell a lot."

She left a large empty jar and returned with it full of blood. She poured two glasses and placed the jar in a box.

"Drink," she handed me a cup.

"I'm against drinking mortal blood," I answered, placing the cup away from me on the table.

"I'm aware. But you need to drink it anyway. It keeps you stable," she said, "I'm going to start from the beginning for you. My name is Alena the Hedgehog, and I am your mother."

---5000 Years ago ---

PoV: Alena

"AAAHHH!" I fell back exhuasted. I don't want to do anymore than I had.

"It's twins your majesty!" The nurse announced when I heard two children cry.

"Twins?" I looked at my two babies, "Please, bring them to me. I wish to see."

"Your daughter my Lady," she handed me the bundle in her arm. Almost no fur, but I could see the tint of magenta her fur would grow into.

"And your son," the second nurse brought me my baby boy. His fine baby fur like his sister in the color lime, "he will be strong as his father is. A fearful vampire."

"Yes- Ahh!" I still felt the pain.

"Your Majesty, there's a third child!" I heard them yell.

  I was back to the agonizing pain of birth. I wanted to faint once it was over. They were holding such a small thing in their arms. I longed to hold my last child.

"It's another boy my queen,"  they laid him in a basket of laundry, "but he is not for amongst us."

"Please, I wish to hold him," I reached for my child.

"Your Majesty he is not a vampire-"

"Silence!" I cried, "he is my child And I wish to hold him. You are to keep his birth secret from the rest of the vampire kingdom."

"Y-yes your majesty," she place him at my side. Moving the other children away from him as he cried.

"Stop that," I hit her hand away, my body already healing.

  He was the smallest of the three, and he already had nails. His tail reminded me of his father's. His blue fur being slightly longer than his twins.

"Your Majesty, I can not tell what creature he is," a maid placed a blanket over him. I nursed him.

"He is no creature. He is my son," I  placed my black necklace in his hand. He fell asleep and I nursed the other two.

---

"Sonia," I named the girl, "yes. Sonia is perfect for you. And you," I held up the bigger boy, "You are Manic. You need to protect you brother and sister. Don't let any harm come to them. Not to Sonia or... or Sonic. My little boy, Sonic."

~~~