28

PoV: Silver

"They wanted his necklace?" Tails asked.

"I'm sure of it. But it was hurting him when they tried taking it," I answered, "It was flashing red too. Like, it didn't want to come off."

"Interesting, I wonder why it would do that," Tails carefully tried lifting the jewel and Sonic winced, "It's really hurting him."

"It's got to be an attachment seal," Scourge stated.

"A what?"

"An attachment seal, of course. But... What's going to happen to him when-"

"When the seal is completed?" I was cut off by a voice, "Nothing negative."

"Who are you?" I growled.

"How did you get past the security?" Shadow snarled.

"Hush now, you don't want to wake our sweet little vampire," a red cloak was the source of the voice.

"Sonic is our vampire, not yours," Scourge snapped.

"Well, technically speaking you all belong to him. Though he doesn't know that yet," I don't even know how, but she managed to push us all back and away from Sonic. I couldn't move, no one could, "just stay put until my work is done."

"Get away from him!" I shouted, I can't let him get hurt again. Not after before. Come on, why aren't my powers working?!

"Quiet down," they said. I only struggled more as I saw a hand on his chest. The necklace had a steady glow of red, "You've been taking wonderful care of my necklace Sonic. Now..." their head bent down, I couldn't see why. I couldn't see what she was doing to him, "that will care for you. Please do a better job of protecting him. Goodbye."

"What the?" She disappeared and we could move again. I ran straight to Sonic's side, nothing had changed, "I can't tell if anything is different. He doesn't look hurt."

"The collar of the choker is slimmer than before. But that was before that thing showed up. He looks fine," Shadow stated, "We'll just have to wait until he wake up."

---

PoV: Shadow

  The sun was starting to rise. I stayed in the basement with the three stogies, everyone else slept upstairs. Sonic was still asleep. It had almost been 24 hours.

"The last time Sonic slept this long was decades ago," Silver sighed.

"He slept a while after Infinite took him. Longer than this," I said.

"He was reviving, he only slept about five minutes after he was healed," Mephiles explained.

"What matters now is watching him," Scourge groaned, "when was the last time he had mortal blood?"

"When we saved him a few weeks ago."

"I'm going to go hunting tonight, Mephilies, Silver. You keep an eye on him while I'm gone," Scourge ordered them, I wasn't paying attention.

  The slight pressure on my hand caught my attention. I looked down to see Sonic's fingers slowly curling around my hand. Everyone quieted down as he started shifting. I caught a glimpse of his open eyes, glowing red. He shut them again to yawn and stretch.

"Mornyaning," he yawned, nyah?

"Sonikku!" Silver hugged him, "You slept for a long time. You had us worried sick."

"I... did?" He yawned again, his eyes were back to their usual, bright and georgous emerald green.

"The fight tired you out did it?" Scourge sat in front of me, blocking my view of him.

"Honestly, you can't wait one second before flirting with him," I moved away, not being comfortable so close to an idiot vampire.

"Say what you will slut."

"Scourge don't be mean," Sonic had the most adorable pout on his face.

"Okay, okay. I sorry blue berry," Scourge nussled his neck. Hearing how he made Sonic giggle, I left.

---

"What the hell is with that. Why does he have to giggle to him? Damn it. I'm losing it," I let myself fall as my body leaned against the wall, "What's wrong with me..."

  I sat alone in my thoughts, the memory of holding Sonic teasing me. I only got to hold him once.

"I should have given him a hug and kiss when Rouge made me choose," I sighed.

"So now you want option two," Rouge stood in my door frame, "You realize if you touch him in any sexual way I'll have to kick your ass."

"I know, that's why I avoid that option. You think he'll ever give up on Scourge?" I asked.

"I don't think Sonic has the strength to choose. He cares about them too much to hurt them. They've already got an orgy going, just join them. Then I'll work out by kick four asses instead of three," she laughed.

"I wouldn't touch him without his okay. I don't need to deal with you for it."

"I know you wouldn't. For now, maybe work on your relationship with those three. Steadily get closer to Sonic."

"That's not going to happen, and you know it."

"I know," she kissed my cheek and I wiped it off, "if you move to the basement Sonic will be sleeping with me from now on, ya got that?"

"Yeah, yeah," she left and I kicked the door shut behind her, "crazy bat."

"I heard that!" She shouted through the wall.

  I just shook my head, well... I did say I'd join their eternal competition. Even if I just get little moments with him, that's just fine with me.

~~~

  I wonder what the red cloak did to Sonic. And Shadow's getting ideas.

  I knew my updates have been slow, I'm sorry. My mind doesn't seem to want to stop working when I try to sleep at night, so that's "fun."

  I'll keep working though guys. I promise I do. I'll see ya later.

Bye bye ~ 😙