41

PoV: Sonic

"Come here," the old woman pulled me away when the girls ran out.

"Wait, but the intruder," I said.

"You're our living treasure," she started petting me, "we can't have you harmed."

"What if it's dangerous?" I pulled my hand away.

"You're as heroic as the stories told," she handed me something and let me run out.

"Sonic!" I froze in my tracks. Shadow was here, he found me first, "Thank Chaos."

  I ran up to him in the nano second it took to reach him and hugged him. I just missed him, when I didn't notice until now. I was crying, I was crying because his arms were around me. Because this felt completely different. I wanted his arms around me. I wanted him to pick me up and take me with him for the rest of eternity.

"I've got you, okay. I'm not letting you go," he whispered into my ear. Suddenly being chase by vampires felt like nothing now.

  I couldn't speak, I didn't know why. I just wanted to stay where we were and cry in his arms.

PoV: Shadow

  I felt Sonic's tears started to soak my shirt. I didn't care. He was safe, that's all that matters. I picked him up and some old hag came up to us.

"What a wonderful startcross," she said, "Lets get you two a nice hut to rest in. You must have traveled far."

  I trusted her for now, only because when I got here Sonic wasn't hurt.

"We'll bring in some food when you ring the bell," she left us in a small hut with one bed and a fire.

"Shadow..." Sonic finally spoke, "I missed you..."

"I spent every second of each day you were gone looking for you," I sat on the bed with him in my lap, "I couldn't have missed you more."

  I never noticed how I had lifted his chin and began leaning in to kiss him until I did. I felt his soft lips and I remembered the feeling from when he saved me before. I ran my hand up his back and I felt him wrap his arms around my neck. I didn't want the kiss to end. I didn't care that he had fangs, or that he was a vampire. He was my vampire now.

"Oh no," Sonic pushed away, "I'm sorry, I got carried away an-"

  I tasted blood, one of his fangs cut my lip.

"It's fine," I kissed him again. I gently laid down with him over me, "Drink as much as you want."

  I kept this make out going. I started to hear him purr. Then... it felt like his fangs were longer. I ignored it for now, Sonic wasn't one to kill.

"Excuse me."

  We stopped hearing that woman's voice again.

"I thought you were out of energy?" I asked.

"I tasted a while," she said, walking towards Sonic, "You've gotten so big. I still remember the day you were born."

  She scratched Sonic's ear and he started purring again. She held him and hugged him.

"That's it woman," I held my gun, loaded and ready behind my back, "Just who the he'll are you?"

~~~