33

PoV: Sonic

  I had never felt more comfortable. I opened my eyes to white fur. Silver? No it's softer than his.

"Shadow, you're missing br-" I sat up to see Knuckles.

  Shadow was sitting up next to me. I forgot I asked to stay with him. He pulled me down under the blanket, coziness returned as he held me.

"Leave," he growled.

"Hell no! What do you think you're doing!" The blanket was being pulled away.

"Sleeping. Now leave, I can make my own breakfast later," Shadow was keeping the blanket from slipping off me.

"Fine then. Rouge!"

"Oh crap," Shadow jumped out of bed and fell onto the floor.

"Shadow are you okay?" I looked over the edge of the bed.

"I'm fine."

"What are you yelling about- Shadow. You get ten seconds to explain yourself. Now," I felt the air go dead as Rouge came in.

"I asked to stay with him," I blurted out.

"What?"

"Sweetie don't protect him," Rouge picked me up.

"No it's true, the others weren't letting me sleep so I asked him to let me stay in his room. Honestly it was all my doing," I bowed my head and she hugged me, "Don't get Shadow in trouble because of me."

"Come on," she carried me out, "Next time that happens climb into bed with me alright."

  She took me back to her room and changed my clothes.

"Rouge... why did you take me in?" I asked, I didn't know why that question was suddenly burning in my mind.

"That's easy. You were the cutest little thing I have ever seen," she pulled a poncho over my shoulders, "and you were in a dangerous environment, so I gave you a healthy home," she kissed my nose, "there. My little cutie."

"Are you still mad at Shadow?" I asked.

"Did he touch you at all?" She asked, as she tied the string of the open front poncho into a bow.

"No, he was really nice," I answered.

"Then he's off the hook," she put cloth boots on me. They were warm and cozy, though I preferred the cold it still felt nice.

"I'm so used to the cold, I forgot how nice being warm feels," I kicked my feet a little in the white boots with pink snowflakes.

  She had me in black legging, a pink knit sweater and white poncho. I only felt cozier when I slept with Shadow earlier.

"Come on, let's feed you," she helped me up and we walked down.

"I ate this week already," I told her.

"Yes but you start getting hungry after four days so I need to feed you again," she took me I to the kitchen and it was our usual day again.

---

"Sonic, aren't you cold?" Shadow came outside where I was sitting on the porch.

"I like the cold, it's comforting," I answered.

"I guess you wouldn't really get sick," he sat down next to me.

"Where'd the others go?" I asked.

"Shopping. Is the idiot trio still sleeping?" He asked.

"Yeah, they'll sleep until sunset."

"We haven't really been alone before," he pointed put something I had never really noticed.

"I guess we haven't. It's peaceful to be alone sometimes. I know Scourge means well, but it's nice to have space. They usually keep me at home with Silver."

"Well, do you think it's peaceful now?" I felt my hand taken into his.

"Yeah," this all felt natural, nothing really felt wrong, "this is nice."

~~~

  Shadows slowly starting to gain points over Scourge, Silver, and Mephilies. We'll see where that takes us.

  I'll see you guys all week! Happy Thanksgiving break! 🦃🦃🥂

  Bye bye ~ 😙