31

PoV: Sonic

  I woke up trapped between Silver and Mephiles. I couldn't free myself.

"Silver, let me go," I pushed away once I was wide awake, "ple-smph!"

"Sonic~ you're too snuggable. I'll never let you go," he squeezed me.

"Hands off my boyfriend!" Scourge saved me, but he felt warm too, oh no... I need a break guys.

"I'm going to spend sometime in the sun," I slipped out of their grip, not caring that I lost my shirt in the process, "I'll be safe," I called from the top of the stairs, "I promise."

  I shut the door and opened the curtain to keep the sunlight on the door. Finally, some time to myself... so long as Amy isn't home.

"Anyone home?" I called.

"Sonic?" Rouge came down, "it's give in the morning, what are you doing up?"

"It got to hot to sleep," I answered.

"Right, you're adjusted to the cold. Come on," she took me up to her room and turned on the fan. The cold felt wonderful, "I have to get you a fan for the basement. For now you can stay with me, just like before."

"I'm not tired anymore," I stretched.

"Well I have to get ready anyways," she pulled off her top and I hid under the blanket, "here," she pulled the covers off me and I kept my eyes shut, "You're so such a sweetheart. It's sweet of you to cover your eyes."

  I felt something slip up my arms and over my back.

"You can look," now she said.

"Oh, your top. T-thank you," I was in the PJ's she was just wearing.

"What size are you?" She cuffed the sleeves so my hands weren't covered, "nothing seems to fit you."

"I'm a small," I answered.

"Cute," she poked my nose.

"Rouge, where do you go all day?" I asked.

"School, just while I'm taking a break from G.U.N work. Then I'll be back as an agent," she answered.

"Agent?" I repeated.

"You don't know much about mortal cultural do you?"

"Anytime I tried to I was attacked. Vampires mostly stay hidden."

"Do you want to come with me?" She picked out a pink top, "I could dress you up so no one recognizes you."

"You'd let me go?" I got up and looked at the size of the shirt, "Really?"

"Just stay close to me and hold my hand, alright," she was petting me, I was too excited to care, I get kniw learn why young mortals go to school now.

"Sit down, I'll pick out your outfit," She went through an box labled 'memories.'

--- 7 am ---

"Sonic, you look super cute today," Amy grabbed me from behind.

"Ee!" I felt her blow into my ear.

"Are you trying to tempt me into continuing yesterday?" She whispered.

"Rouge!" I ran away from her and hid behind Rouge.

"Amy leave him alone. Aren't you sleeping with some guy from your class?" Rouge rubbed my back as she kept Amy away from me.

"That was last week. I'm single now, and I'm waiting for my cutie," she sent chill up my spine, and I cold by nature  around this time.

"Sonic, eat your breakfast," I was handed a small cup of blood.

"But I ate the other day," I handed it back but she made me keep it.

"Its a shot for extra energy," she straightened out the sleeves of the pale pink top she had me wear.

It was a little long, but Rouge said the single layered, frilled bottom, made it nice. I drank the glass and we left.

--- 8 am ---

"Woah~!" We were outside a huge gate. Lots of big buildings inside, "Which building is the school?"

"All of them, this gated area is the school campus," Rouge answered.

"Really?!" I couldn't stop looking around, I had never been to place like this before, "There're lots of mortals here."

"Don't worry, they won't hurt you. Just remember to stay close to me," she took my hand and we walked around.

"Rouge, you made it a bit later than usual," a bird greeted us. I backed behind Rouge and gripped the back of her shirt. Other mortals still made me nervous.

"Yeah, I had a bit more to take care of," she was talking to them completely naturally.

"Who's this?" I backed away from the purple cat who crouched in front of me, mortals are scary...

  I felt a lot more scared here than I thought I'd be. I didn't know how close we'd be to them.

"This is Sonic," Rouge rubbed my ear, "he's a little shy, but he wanted to come visit. Sonic, do you want to hi?"

"..." it's just hello, and this isn't a thousand years ago, "... He... Hello..."

"She's adorable," the bird pulled a ball on stick from her purse and handed it to me.

"Sonic's a he Wave," Rouge corrected her.

"You kidding," she looked at me, I gripped Rouge tighter, "That's precious."

"I think he broke the gender barrier," the cat said.

"Deffinetly," the bird laughed.

PoV: Rouge

  Sonic was adorably shy the entire time. I kept him close, and once the lecture started it completely distracted him. Wave and Blaze where playing with him between lectures. Some other girls even came over to say hi to him. He held onto me each time someone new came by. I should have done this earlier. Sonic's a better note taker than Blaze.

--- Lunch ---

  Sonic was asleep by lunch. He was using up all his energy playing with those two.

"Why didn't you being him over sooner. We could have a slumber party and dress him up like a doll," Wave had him resting on her lap.

"I didn't think he'd want to come, but he seemed to have fun," I pulled my coat over his shoulder, "I've never seen him nap so early."

"He took notes for you?" Blaze picks up my note book, "He got down every single detail. I couldn't get that much down."

"Maybe I will bring him more often," I smiled, "He deserves a chance to learn."

~~~