17

PoV: Shadow

I got out of class early, so I just went straight home. I walked down to the basement, there was blue tape where they had started marking where to paint. Something else concerned me. The walls, they already had paint on them... red paint.

You're blood belongs to me.

It was written there, clear as day. I was thankful they didn't used blood to write it. I heard crying, and Scourge's voice coming from one room.

"Sonic, it's okay. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you," Scourge was hugging Sonic as he cried.

"... no you'll... get hurt..." Sonic spoke between hiccups.

"What the hell is that outside?" I whispered to him.

"A threat dumbass," Scourge snapped, "Mephalis is getting the paint so we can cover it."

"Sonic," I rubbed his back and sat on the bed, right next to him.

"Scourge," Mephalis came in, "we've got a problem."

"What problem?" He asked.

"Fleeway's scent is on the paint," Mephalis stated.

"That golden vampire? That can't be possible, I made sure he wad dead before we ended the fight," I replied.

"Not is a vile of Sonic's blood was left unbroken. We must have missed one," Mephalis growled.

"I-Infinite still... h-has my blood?" Sonic asked as he sniffed and wiped his tears.

"Not too much, it's probrably all gone now," Scourge comforted him.

"Not entirely," I had stolen a few viles and set them into storage, "I have a few viles left. I was mearly examining them to see why Sonic's blood was so unique."

"You what," Mephalis pulled me by the collar of my shirt.

"I'll pour it out right now, seeing as I couldn't find anything special," I replied.

"How many viles?" He asked.

"Four," I answered.

"Lets go," Mephalis pulled me into the living room.

I poured out each vile into the drain. Sonic followed us with Scourge and Silver. Silver handed him his bunny and Scourge just carried him. The blinds were all drawn but the light told me it was sunset.

"Scourge," Sonic nuzzled into his chest, "I won't let myself get caught so easily this time."

"Its okay, we're with you all the time now," Sliver hugged him, "we won't let anyone hurt you."

"Hey, let's go for a hunt tonight," Scourge ruffled Sonic's quills, "you can help someone out by ridding their house of rats, and revive a mortal or two after we eat."

"O-okay, but you have to promise not to hurt them," Sonic help out his pinky, you're the only Vampire I would consider cute Sonic.

"Promise," Scourge promised.

That means they'll be out alone tonight. Sonic will be with them like he used to. He still has one popsicle left. I wonder why he still hunts, he can't die of hungry, so why?

PoV: Sonic

Mephalis and Silver painted the walls while Rouge and the others came home. Amy started hugging my arm, which was awkward. Scourge glared at her and pulled me back onto his lap when ever she did.