42

PoV: Shadow

"This is a good conversation for another day," she got up and left, "You two Should get some rest."

"Why do you let her near you?" I asked Sonic and I pulled him back onto my lap.

"I feel like I can trust her," he said, "I'm really sure why, but she makes me... ... warm I think? I don't know how to describe it."

"Get some rest," I kissed his forehead and he snuggled against me. I rubbed his ears, "you've been through a lot."

  It held him until he fell asleep. I walked out and two guards with spears stepped in front of the door. The sun was out, so it was safe for Sonic to sleep for now. I should start staying up at night to protect him.

  I found the woman in the cloak again. She was behind our hut.

"I still can't tell you who I am," she said, "but I can tell you this."

"What?" I lean on the back wall next to her.

"You probably wonder why Sonic can die," she said.

That thought had been on July mind since the first time I saw him heal.

"It's crossed my mind," I said.

"It a curse that was never ment to be passed on to him. His mother and father, they both had an immortality, but could heal from each other's weaknesses. His mother could die from a wooden stake while it did nothing to his father. His father could be killed by Silver, though it only burned his mother.

"Sonic, unfortunately, got the best of their healing qualities. He can heal from a steak to the heart, and silver will only leave burns. A cuslrse of true immortality that stopped his aging the second he turned eighteen."

"He's a vampire, they don't age once their adults," I said.

"Not true. Their aging slows emence, but it continues. If it were to come down to the base of his power, then it is no spell nor is it a potion. It's all genetics. Any creature would think he had hit a jackpot of life. It is far from so. His torture, and loneliness can be unbearable. It is why I'm glad he has you," she said, "as well as the three idiots who try protecting him. He will always be in danger. I hope you know that."

"I do. Which is why I'll always help him when he needs it."

PoV: Sonic

  Mother... Father...

  Mom and Dad... I didn't know I had parents... I wonder if she's telling the truth, if she is... where have they been for the past 6,000 years. I picked myself up from laying below the window and listening.

"How do you know so much about his parents?" Shadow asked, I laid back down to listen again.

"I was a very close friend before his father was shot and killed. His mother went missing a long time ago," she said.

  My supposed father was killed, and my mother is missing. I feel like this is in a lot of comic books. I didn't know I was born. I wasn't bitten, makes sense, there's no scar on my neck. Wait, how did I come to be? Nope, not entering that mind slump again. I found out nothing before, I'll have nothing now.

  I laid back in bed. It still smelled like Shadow. It was nice. My father was shot... She said he was weak to silver... I feel... My eyes started getting heavy as I yawned, like I know that... from somewhere...

PoV: Shadow

  I walked back in to nap before staying up all night with Sonic. He was still asleep. I laid down next to him and closed my eyes. That woman. I don't think she was just Sonic's mother's friend.

~~~