☆ 2 - don't tell ☆

(a/n: please note that the only thing ive ever gotten from starbucks was hot chocolate so i just threw together a bunch of words my starbucks obsessed friends sent to me for this

also i have a bunch of chapters for this prewritten lmao im just trying to spread them out tho)

Virgil took notice of Logan's behavior a long time ago.

That kid hasn't had anybody to sit with for the last three years... he thought with a frown.

"Virge," Remy said, "I was at Starbucks and I asked for a venti iced skinny hazelnut macchiato, sugar-free syrup, extra shot, light ice, no whip. And then I asked for an iced half caff, ristretto, venti, 4-pump, sugar free, cinnamon, dolce soy skinny latte with a half pump of whip as well. And the girl there said she needed me to repeat that shit! Can you believe her?"

Virgil scoffed. "What a bitch." Honestly, he couldn't care less, but he was Regina George and Remy was the Karen.

"I know, right? And then we argued, and it was so retarded. And then I actually repeated it for her and she had to ask her friend if she got everything correct. It's her job to get everything right! And you know what? She didn't even get it right! On my second drink, she gave me a quarter pump, not a half! It tasted like shit, so I threw it out. Ugh."

Roman nodded like he was listening, but he was busy taking selfies and reapplying his eyeshadow that had smudged a little bit.

Virgil was a makeup expert, so he helped Roman. He knew Roman was fairly new to makeup, so it was the least he could do.

A kid with a bowtie, curly hair, and big, round glasses came up to their table.

"Yes?" Virgil asked.

"I was, um, wondering... If anybody wanted to- to be my partner i-in a science project..." he said shyly.

Secretly, Virgil felt bad for the kid. He knew how much courage asking this took. But he put on his mask and said, "Sweetie, why would you think we'd even try to be associated with someone like you?" He grabbed the nerd's arm and whispered, "Meet me after this block. Gotta talk to you."

And then the nerd nodded with fear filled eyes and quickly backed away to his original table.

The three popular students chatted away the rest of their lunch block and when it ended, Virgil let the other two go to their classes while he waited for the boy from earlier to show up.

"What's your name?" Virgil asked when the boy showed up.

"Uh, Jonathan."

"Hey, Jonathan. Don't tell anyone this happened, because I have a reputation to maintain."

"O-oh... Okay."

"That thing you asked us at lunch was really brave of you. I'm not into science, so the answer is still no, but I get that doing shit like that is like, nerve-racking as fuck. Am I right?"

He hesitated, then nodded in agreement.

"Just had to say that. When you came over, I thought you were going to flirt with me like the other nerds. So all I have to say is sorry, good luck with your science project, and don't tell anyone I told you this."

The shy teen checked the taller student's face for any chance he could be lying, but he wasn't. "Uh, thanks for n-not beating me up..."

"No prob. I'm popular, but I'm not an asshole."

Jonathan gave Virgil a shy smile and went to his next block peacefully.

Jonathan never told anyone, which actually surprised the popular student. So nobody knew about their exchange.

Nobody except for Logan, who had heard everything while he picked up the things he dropped on his way to class outside of Virgil's view.

Logan went the rest of the day completely confused. If Virgil was actually a semi-decent person, why did he act the way he did? Why did he rule over everybody else?

He felt something in his stomach that wasn't particularly inadequate. When he saw Virgil, Roman, and Remy walk down the hallway a little while later, his focus was on Virgil. His cheeks felt like they were burning.

He didn't know why he was feeling that way. Especially now. At that moment, Virgil wasn't standing in the front like he always was. Roman was in the front, Remy was next to Roman while somehow applying winged eyeliner perfectly symmetrical, and Virgil was hanging around behind them, staring at his phone while chewing gum and avoiding eye contact with the students surrounding them.

Logan saw Virgil in a whole new light now. He seemed so beautiful now, not annoying and disrespectful.

They made eye contact for a split second, but Virgil quickly looked away... almost in fear. That made Logan sigh and have his heart sink.

Why?

Didn't Virgil like to be looked at?

To have people love him and wish they could be his friend and hang out with him and be his significant other?

Logan gulped when he came to a realization.

The thought played again and again and again until it felt like it was tattooed on his body. It made so much sense so of course it was the reason why.

It's because I'm me. I'm Logan Decker.