☆ 15 - gossip ☆

Logan and Virgil were super lovey dovey towards each other during the school day.

Two minutes into showing people they were in a relationship, there were already at least ten rumors.

Well... at least the rumors made nearly everybody forget about Logan's.... problem.

"Virgil must be cheating on Logan! How can someone as hot as he is commit to only one guy?"

"Logan's using him for popularity. Like, oh my God. He was the kid nobody liked before, wasn't he?"

"Yeah! And he might be using him to get with his brother. You know how hard he was blushing when Patton flirted with him!"

"They're totally faking their relationship! They've known each other for less than a month!"

"You know... I don't think their love life is any of our business. I think we should respect their privacy because they're actual human beings and-"

"Shut up! Anyway, Virgil's definitely cheating on Logan with Remy. Because Remy is so much more perfect for him! Logan's such a nerd."

"No way. Logan's totally hot. He's a sexy nerd, you know! Logan and Roman look perfect together. I bet Logan's the hoe. It's always the one you least expect it to be."

"Virgil just wants a tutor he can make out with."

"Remy's starting to get more popular than him, so of course he has a fake boyfriend now."

"No! They're totally real! They're such couple goals!"

"Agreed!"

"Pfft. They just want attention."

Virgil was honestly pretty overwhelmed by the voices around him whenever he was with Logan, but Logan always helped.

Roman had just got a boyfriend named Jacob, so the rumor of Virgil and Roman being together died down.

Remy flipped off everybody who got remotely close to flirting with him, so that rumor died down too.

Some students still thought that Logan and Virgil were faking their relationship, though. But Virgil and Logan didn't care too much.

At lunch, Elliott and Patton had second lunch as well, so they sat at their table.

Elliott looked incredibly sad but Patton had his arm around them and was whispering facts about puppies.

"Who's that kid?"

"I think his name's Elliott."

"I'm pretty sure Elliott's non-binary."

"Oh, my mistake. I'm a gossiping asshole in this book but disliking someone doesn't give one the right to use incorrect pronouns. Nobody should use incorrect pronouns for someone on purpose, no matter what."

"Shut up, Jamie. We're not important, we're just here to add bitchy dialogue with everybody else in the cafeteria. That's why our names are never said. But you're right."

"Right. Sorry, Kayla."

Patton looked so madly in love with Elliott that Virgil felt pretty bad for him. Elliott probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship in a while after just getting out of such a toxic one.

All Patton wanted to do was smother his best friend with kisses and chocolate and love, but he obviously couldn't.

"Patton's making heart eyes at Elliott."

"Patton's the next Virgil and Elliott's the new Logan! OMG!"

Virgil sighed and rolled his eyes.

Remy nodded. "Same, girl."

Logan stared at Virgil's soft, plump lips. Virgil took note of this is and simpered.

"Logan, just kiss me already. I know you want to."

"I do." And he did.

"Make out in a bathroom stall or something," Remy said jokingly.

"I'm actually considering it," Logan said smoothly.

"Woah!" Roman laughed.

Virgil thoroughly enjoyed this side of Logan. He hadn't seen him that hot and confident before.

Patton giggled and pointed to a table of jocks. A few of them were infuriated. "Look at those guys, Logan! They're so jealous of you!"

Both Logan and Virgil turned around to where Patton was pointing and snickered at the angry jocks.

"I'm so into you," Virgil sighed as he turned back to Logan. He held his boyfriend's hand and swung his legs over him like he had done on the bus that morning.

"Yo también, Virge."
*Me too, Virge.*

"You speak Spanish?" Roman asked, beaming.

"Sí, pero casi nunca. ¿Y tú?"
*Yes, but rarely. And you?*

"¡Sí! Mi primer idioma es el español. Yo soy de España, pero me múde a los Estados Unidos cuando era joven."
*Yes! My first language is Spanish. I am from Spain, but I moved to the United States when I was young.*

"Eso es interesante. ¿Qué parte de España?"
*That is interesting. What part of Spain?*

"¡Madrid! Es muy hermoso allí, pero nunca vuelvo a visitar."
*Madrid! It is very beautiful there, but I never go back to visit.*

Huh. Maybe Roman wasn't such an asshole after all. Logan was very happy that he was fluent in four languages. (English, Spanish, French, and Mandarin.)

The two had a full friendly conversation in Spanish and Logan actually didn't hate Roman.

It felt so strange, but so incredible, to have friends.