☆ 39 - emotions ☆

Logan came to the conclusion that his emotions were his downfall.

He hid them for years and then Virgil came into his life and he let his guard down.

He just had to cover them again and he wouldn't be such a- a-

"A disappointment!"

Logan flinched at his father's words.

"What happened, Logan? Did that boy make you gay and retarded?!"

"No, I just need t-"

"Shut up! This family doesn't need you to speak, we need you to stop being such a joke!"

Virgil had no idea what was going on and the next day, Logan kept quiet while Virgil was on top of the world for the first time in forever.

At lunch though, Virgil noticed and asked him, "Why are you so quiet? Are you okay?"

Logan nodded. He pointed to his throat and whispered, "Lost my voice and my throat hurts. Apologies." He fake coughed.

"Aw... Do you have water? You can have mine. I can give you some cough drops."

Logan shook his head. "It's okay," he said quietly.

"How's it been since you went back home?"

The nerd desperately wanted to tell him everything, but he was also screaming at himself to shut his mouth.

He shrugged. "It hasn't been interesting. My dad hasn't been home for some reason and my mom is okay, I guess."

Virgil smiled. "Really?"

Logan hesitated, then nodded.

"Oh, that's awesome!"

The popular kid kissed Logan, which as usual, earned both glares and cheering from the other students.

"Get a room," Remy told them.

"You! Two! Are! A! Dor! A! Ble!" Roman exclaimed. He clapped between each syllable.

Virgil grinned. "Oh, and Lo?"

Logan looked up. "Yes?" he asked in a pretend raspy voice.

"Patton's birthday party is in two days, and it's just at our house. So if you can come...?"

"I can come."

Virgil kissed his cheek. "3 pm. Saturday."