☆ 57 - oh ☆

(a/n: it's been over a month oh shit oh shit it's a rat and the rat is me)

"Oh," Logan said. "Oh. I have questions, yet I don't."

"If you have any, we can talk at dinner. I should get started cooking and I've already thrown so much your way." She got up and began preparing dinner.

Logan led Virgil up to his bedroom. "Thank you for being here," Logan said. "Do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Sure," Virgil replied, and sent a quick text to his mom. "So why'd you bring me up here?"

Logan grabbed Virgil and kissed him. Virgil put his hands on Logan's waist, smudging a bit of his dark red lipstick. He got on top of Logan and kissed all over his face and neck.

"I love you," Logan whispered slowly.

Virgil laughed and went back to kissing Logan. "I love you too, dumbass. Everything's gonna be alright."

Logan turned serious again. "I know. I just don't understand why she didn't tell me sooner. All of this could have been over if she wasn't so..."

Virgil nodded sympathetically. "I know. Kinda dumb, right? But you know now and it won't be long before you get to move out!" He knew he had to be positive for Logan at a time like this. "You're incredible. I hope you know that."

"I do." Logan smirked. He turned serious yet again. "Virgil, my life obviously isn't in your hands. But I feel like without you here during one of the most difficult years for me, I wouldn't be how I am right now." His face turned red. "And I apologize for thinking you were a dick before getting to know you. Thank you."

Virgil, with a sad smile, didn't know how to respond, so he just held Logan tighter.

He put his hand on Logan's soft cheek. "Can I do your makeup?"

"What a topic shift," Logan chuckled.

"It's just," Virgil said, blushing, "it's been a while and it might distract you but also it's fun and you're kind of pretty hot."

Logan smirked. "Okay, go ahead. You look absolutely adorable when you're excited."

The popular one pulled out a Jaclyn Hill eyeshadow palette from his backpack.

"You just carry makeup around with you in your school bag?"

"Duh?" Virgil replied. "But I'm throwing this one away." He tossed it in the trash can. "Don't wanna catch something."

Not realizing what he was saying because he was too focused on the makeup, Virgil asked, "You think we'll ever get married?"

"Uh, well, we don't have to think about that. We haven't even reached our senior year of high school yet, and we haven't dated nearly long enough."

"How long's long enough, do you think?" He pulled the cap off some liquid eyeliner.

"I... don't know. When it's been long enough for both parties, I guess."

"Could you picture a future with me?"

"Actually, yes."

"Okay, sick." He reached into his backpack and grabbed a small blue box. He opened it in Logan's direction.

Logan blinked a few times. "I-"

"I'm not proposing. It's a promise ring. Cliche, I know, and you don't have to take it. I just thought... Yeah, I dunno, babe."

Logan breathed out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank fuck. Yes, I'll wear it!"

Virgil grinned and put it on Logan's finger.

We can just watch the whole world disappear.