☆ 34 - night ☆

(a/n: this chapter really hits because of the fucked mental state i've been stuck in recently so i'm sorry for the sadness lol)

When they got home, Mr. and Mrs. Greyson were sitting on the couch. They looked up to see the boys and their eyes widened.

"Patton?" Mrs. Greyson asked. "Oh, please don't tell me you're going through an emo phase too! I already spent so much money on eyeliner and vinyls for Virgil!"

Mr. Greyson pointed at Virgil. "Since when did you start wearing such bright colors, kiddo? And... an absurd amount of gli- ah. Did Patton give you a makeover?"

Mr. Greyson took one look at Logan and opened his mouth to speak, but Logan spoke up first.

"Virgil made me do it, okay?" the nerd exclaimed. He pushed up his glasses nervously.

"Alright," Mrs. Greyson said sternly, "what happened?"

Patton took off his hood. "Well..."

"It's a long story," Virgil said. He started to wipe off his makeup. "It's not that important. We'll tell you later."

"Okay..." his mother mumbled.

Virgil came out of the shower. He left the bathroom after putting on a large t-shirt and pajama pants. His hair was still dripping wet, but he didn't really care.

He was about to enter his rooming but heard faint sniffling. "Lo? You good?"

"Yes." Logan's voice cracked.

He opened the door and found Logan sitting on the edge of the bed, crying quietly.

"I'm sorry," Logan muttered. "I must be so tiring to tolerate with all my... emotions."

"What's up?"

"I miss my mother. I mean... I hate her more than anything, but I miss her. That doesn't make sense, does it?"

"No, no, it totally makes sense! I get it. Now, tell me whatever's on your mind. Don't worry about sounding 'dumb' or anything."

Logan took a shaky breath and began to rant. "I miss my mother. I miss Thomas. I miss everything I don't have anymore, and I just- I wish I was good enough for you!"

Tears streamed down his face rapidly but he continued to talk, struggling to get words out.

"I wish I knew how to control my idiotic feelings. I wish I didn't ruin every good thing given to me. I wish I could stop having these random periods of time where I break down for no goddamn reason! You make me so happy and I don't know why I still feel so shitty!

"I am supposed to be the smart one who knows how to handle anything, but I can't do anything and I am just so useless! I know there are people that care about me, but why do I still feel so all alone?"

He seemed out of breath after getting out that last sentence. Lastly, he whispered, "I don't think I can talk about this anymore. But I need something else right now. Anything... please?"

"Of course. We'll continue another day if you don't want to right now."

"Thank you..."

Virgil laid down and got Logan to lay next to him. He kissed his boyfriend softly, as if he'd shatter if he did it too roughly.

"Tired?" he whispered and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist.

Logan nodded.

"Good night. I love you."