☆ 46 - surprise ☆

Virgil hated school more than he'd ever had in his entire life.

Another day, another few classes skipped, another detention, another "See me after class."

He wasn't in control anymore. Everyone around him were worse than they ever were before and the things they said about Logan pissed him off.

He sat, fidgety, in English and stared at the clock.

Fifteen minutes until the bell.

Fifteen minutes until it was the end of the day.

He zoned out for a while, then looked back up.

Eight minutes.

There was a knock on the door. A man with curly brown hair and a beard, wearing a blue sweater held a gift box stood there, then came in.

"Hello! My name is Mendel Weisenbachfeld and I'm here just to drop off a box for Virgil Greyson. Logan Decker requested it be given to you as soon as possible."

"That's me," Virgil responded. He raised his hand.

"Great! He says you're very important to him. I hope you're having a fantastic day, Virgil."

Virgil smiled a bit at that. "Thank you, Dr. Mendel."

The first thing he did when he got back to his house, he opened the box which was purple and blue with a black ribbon on top.

His jaw dropped when he saw what was inside.

At the very top were two eyeshadow palettes; Life's A Drag from Manny Mua and that big one from James Charles I forgot the name of.

Underneath was a large box of Godiva chocolates and a bag of Sour Patch Kids.

Finally, at the very bottom, was a letter.

Dear Virgil,

I'm not sure if I went too crazy with this gift box. I read your wishlist on your Instagram story and got you a few of them.

You don't have to write back, because who writes letters anymore? But please text or call me after you open this.

I don't know what compelled me to do this. It's not Christmas or your birthday. I think I just wanted to do something that wouldn't disappoint anyone.

You are everything to me, which doesn't make sense because you're only one thing, but people seem to word it that way, so I will too.

Before you ask me, because I know you so well -- yes, you can post about what I gave you.

Also, thank you for the get well soon post.

I love you too.

Sincerely,
Logan