☆ 12 - famILY ☆

(a/n: this is a fun chapter)

"Yeah, go ahead."

Patton reached for the phone, but then stopped abruptly. "Isn't this kind of invading Logan's privacy?"

"Yeah but... he might not tell us if we ask."

"But he might."

"...damnit. Why are you such a good person?"

Patton shrugged. "You're right, though. I'll look just in case, I guess."

The younger sibling took the phone and read the conversation. Then he read older conversations and he frowned. "Poor Logan," he whispered. He handed the phone back to Virgil.

"That's what he meant when he said he missed his mom..." Virgil muttered. "Seeing Mom being so close with us probably made him jealous and sad, huh?"

Patton nodded.

Suddenly, the phone's screen showed that Mrs. Decker was calling.

"Lo!" Virgil shouted. "Your mom's calling you!"

Logan walked into the room, thoroughly annoyed. "Okay. Give me the phone."

He didn't turn it on speaker, so Virgil and Patton just had to listen to Logan's end.

"What do you want?" Logan grunted. "Yeah, okay. Sure...... No! I hope you're joking. You cannot be serious.......... You better leave Thomas out of this. He's not even alive!........ You're wrong........................ it's not like you ever respected me! You expect me to return the favor?! Fuck you."

He hung up. "I apologize, Virgil and Patton."

"What happened?" Patton asked and placed Virgil's arm around Logan.

Logan sighed. "She said she wanted to come back home. That obviously wasn't true. Then she said she called my dad and told him to try to find where I was to pick me up. I said I hoped she was joking. And then she said I was rebellious because of... Thomas and what happened to him. My friend from eight grade."

Virgil's eyes widened as he realized who Thomas was and which story of Logan's he came from.

"She said she was sure of it. I said she was wrong. She said I needed to respect her more, even though she wasn't there when my father was an asshole to me and refused to do anything when I tried to tell her about all the things he did. I don't believe she deserves my respect..."

The popular kid kissed Logan's forehead, making Logan choke on air, and said, "I know I'm not much help at all... Me and Patton and our parents are all here for you, fam."

"Hey," Patton giggled, "don't go shortening 'family' by removing my three favorite letters, I-L-Y!"

"Why are those your favorite letters?" Logan asked, not quite understanding text slang.

"Well, I-L-Y stands for 'I love you'!"

"Oh, well, that's nice."

"Lo," Virgil said, getting Logan's attention.

"What is it?"

"Uh..." He couldn't finish his sentence, causing Logan to worry.

"...what is it?" Logan looked down at the floor again.

"Look at me."

When he did, Virgil put his finger under Logan's chin and kissed him gently. After an awkward split second, Logan kissed back.

Patton was trying not to ruin the moment by squealing.

"Hey, kiddos, your mom and I were just wondering if- I KNEW IT!" Mr. Greyson announced, causing Virgil and Logan to break the kiss.

Mrs. Greyson was screaming in excitement. "AHH! YOUNG LOVE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!"

"Aren't they so cute together?" Patton exclaimed.

"MOM! DAD! GET OUT!" Virgil shouted, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Aww, okay!" Mrs. Greyson said as she left with her husband.

"Should I leave too?" Patton asked.

"If you want. I don't want you to feel like the third wheel," Virgil explained.

"Okay! I'll leave then so I can call El- my friend! See you!" And he rushed out of the room.

Virgil smiled and looked back at Logan, laughing slightly. "You have lipstick on you now."

"It was worth it," Logan said truthfully, pulling his 'friend' in for another kiss. "Would you like to be my significant other?"

"I would very much appreciate that, my good sir," Virgil chuckled.

"...what's everybody at school going to say about us?"

"If you're worried, we can keep it hidden."

"Now, that would make it more of a problem, as I now wish to kiss you every second of the day."

Virgil bit his lip and giggled. "Then do it. I don't mind."

Logan grinned. "I like how you can completely distract me from everything shitty in the world. How do you do that?" he asked lovingly.

"Magic."

"You're ridiculous."

"You're into it."

"I am."