1.25 ↣ Too Good To Be True (Last Chapter)

{an: OHMYGULAY! I am super duper excited for you guys to read this. I might get so much hate or not... :) but I don't intend on ending to be happy! IMPORTANT! Don't worry, there is a Book/Part Two of Just One Summer.}

❀ Selena ❀

This summer went fast. It passed a few days when I realized that we were already back to thinking about school and getting our last summer assignments to be done-- the normal teenage life.

I scrolled through the photos on my phone. My fingers passed all the billions of silly faces that Sammy, Taylor and mostly Dylan took of themselves.

I stopped all of a sudden when I saw the pickled cheesy fries and Dylan's face was a blur in the background eating the blue fluffy cotton candy. "Our first official date." I mumbled to myself before getting into a lost trance.

[First Official Date]

"Selena, what should we do today?" Dylan asked politely as I fumbled with the bottom of my skirt. The forecast didn't agree with my outfit today. "Chubs?"

I looked up quickly making my hair whiplash my face because of the huge wind that just brushed it out of place. I gave a loud sigh. "Should have worn something else today, Selena. Should've!" I exclaimed before Dylan straightened out my hair and out of my face. "Thanks."

"Weather isn't cooperating with you today, is it?" Dylan questioned before taking off the green plaid he had on to reveal his white tee underneath. "Here." He chucked it my way before I gave him a questioning look. "Chubs, you know exactly what to do. See... You wrap it around your waist so the wind won't show what's underneath."

I blushed at his comment before wrapping the arms of the plaid on my waist to add a few inches of coverage in my behind. "Aha! It worked!"

He clapped both his hands to show that his idea did work indeed. "Come on, I was thinking of eating first!" Dylan interwined both our fingers together before dragging us along the boardwalk path to the line of food choices. "Look your favorite." He pointed out the word 'pickles' in the menu. I nodded happily at Dylan since I was rather craving for pickles today.

"Hello. Welcome to Fun Fries! May I get your order?" A quirky girl behind the counter asked cheerfully. I looked at her name tag, 'Joy'. Now I get why she might always be happy and up... She got it from her name, of course!

Dylan cleared his throat and looked at the menu again. "Can we have two large fries? Both with bacon and cheese, but one fries has pickles on it?"

Joy pushed some buttons to reveal the price of the total of fries. "Any drinks?"

"Two bottles of water." Dylan blurted out before he slid the cash towards her. He thought he was slick with just paying for this whole lunch date.

Joy flashed me a smile before she gave back his change with the two water bottles and we scooted to the other side to wait for our fries. "I could have at least paid for the water bottles." I spoke out before he furrowed his eye brows.

"Um... What kind of guy would I be to make a girl pay?" He asked before I just giggled at his face.

"Let me at least pay for something, are you craving for some cotton candy today?" I gave a stare at something behind him and motioned him the way of a guy circling a stick which increased the amount of blue fluffy goodness.

He nodded slowly still with furrowed eye brows. "Sure? Okay. I can deal with that."

Once we got our fries, Dylan and I headed towards the man who was still making some cotton candy fluffs. "Can I get a blue one please?" I took out a dollar to exchange some blue cotton candy bag that he gave me.