2.4 | Too Busy For Love

❀ Dylan ❀

I reached the Bob's diner and searched the entire diner for a particular blonde and a tan boy. I scanned through the entire crowd and saw them laughing as usual, Tyler probably entertained Taylor with a joke. I gave a few smiles trying to not make myself look like a weirdo who was just walking the whole diner with no type of reason at all. Of course I was in here to eat but still... Walking alone was terrifying unless someone had a really big self esteem. 

"Hey guys!" I greeted both of my friends and sat across from them in the booth. 

"Hello." They said in sync making me scrunch my face. I knew something was going on, but it wasn't that big of a deal for right now. 

We all grabbed the menu from the center of the table and skimmed through it. The original hamburger and cheese fries with some side of fruits, the all out diner food. I decided to order some of the steak and mashed potatoes, just to be different! Taylor and Tyler ordered different sorts of meal from mine since we all had different taste buds. 

"And your drinks?" The black haired waitress asked us. 

"Water." The three of us answered quickly. I wasn't surprised at all because ever since high school, I noticed that only the three of us were the only ones who drank water the most. I convinced myself that it was probably the reason that we were the most active with sports and going to hikes. The waitress thanked us before heading back to the counter to the cook. 

I covered my face with my hands. "Ugh, I'm so pissed off right now." 

Taylor patted her hand on my head. Tyler just looked at me and cooed, "What's up kiddo?" 

I chuckled and took a deep breath. "It's been a week and I still haven't gotten a client for my internship. I'm dying. I'm seriously dying sitting in an office all by myself doing nothing." 

"Oh! Sammy mentioned something!" Taylor practically leaped out of her seat just to tell me. "She was in New York looking for photoshoot choices and she found a ton of celebrities." I watched her look through her iMessages from her conversation with Sammy. "She texted me, I have a celeb for Dylan and she's coming to California soon." 

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and crossed my arms. "I wonder who it is.... Did she mention their name?" 

Taylor shook her head. "No, I didn't ask her... But she just knows that the model has been in magazine of Teen Vogue and Forever 21. She needed a publicist since she couldn't exactly promote herself anymore with a busy schedule." 

I was still figuring out who this person is. "She never metnioned a name?" 

Tyler looked at me with a creepy smile. "Dylan is thirsty." 

"More like thirsty for a job." I stated watching the waitress come towards us with the drinks and meals. I sniffed the food in front of me and it was delicious! 

Taylor unfolded her fork and spoon. "So Dylan, have you found anyone cute at the office?" 

I huffed and rolled my eyes. "First of all, I'm too busy for love and second, I wouldn't want to date a guy." 

"Oh yeah," Tyler chuckled, "Most of the people at your place are guys!" 

I nodded and proceeded to eat my steak. I kept quiet and thought of the person Sammy would refer to me. I did mention to Sammy that I needed someone famous, but I didn't realize it would come at an instant. I didn't even know that Sammy knew a celebrity, she was always involved with local people from just a simple art show or weddings from Taylor's shop. 

I remembered in college when we were all in freshman year talking about our future just like it was yesterday. 

I rushed through the hall of the whole building and ran to the cafeteria to see the crew. "Hey guys!" They greeted me with full out tired smiles. "Anything new?"

"My photography class is incredible. I thought I would hate it, but the encouragement of the teacher makes me want to be a real photographer." Sammy played with her Canon and showed everyone the photos she took in class. 

Taylor's eyes went wide. "Oh my god! Sammy! You're brilliant! I would love if you would be my photographer whenever I opened my wedding planning shop. We could both work together to do stuff like photoshoots and organizing parties." 

"That's such a good idea!" Sammy beamed up. 

Tyler and I laughed at both of them. "What are you guys going to do when we graduate?" 

"I just got out of my PR class and I definitely see myself working with clients to promote them!" I explained pushing my glasses up. 

"You guys could all work together while I'm the king of the world." Tyler added before we just looked at him like he was crazy. 

Sammy laughed really loud. "Keep dreaming, Posey. Keep dreaming." 

"Dylan!" Taylor screeched waving her hands in front of me. "Sammy just texted me. The model is coming just a few weeks from now, is he available then?" 

I nodded eagerly knowing that it would be in my best interest just to accept this offer. "Of course." 

Taylor typed a few letters into her iMessage before tucking it back in. She looked up and gave me a huge smirk. Something was going on and I didn't like it. I just let it go for right now cause I didn't get enough evidence to blame Taylor with anything. I wonder what she's hiding from me. 

{an: ha. oh yaaay! I updated again! It was really short, but this was last minute updating. I hope you liked it! :) Vote, Fave and Follow cause you guys are awesome!}