2.9 | First Impressions

❀ Dylan ❀

I was just standing there. I felt numb and I shouldn't be, she's the one who broke my heart.

"Dylan... Nice meeting you again." Selena greeted taking her hand out in front of me. I didn't react for a moment, but I just shook her hands quickly. "So I hear you're my new publicist?"

My lips went to an O until Sammy just ordered me to nod my head from behind Selena. "Yeah and you're my client." Selena and I stood in front of each other having an awkward silence until Sammy took her drink from my hand.

"I'm guessing you both need a lot of catching up and I'd love for you guys to go to the back room." Sammy pushed both of us towards the back where my favorite room in the whole place was.

Selena walked out of my presence and followed Sammy to the back room. I stayed in my same position trying to think about what life was stored to me. To think that I was seeing Selena again and I did.

Sammy popped her head in the edge of the door. "Dylan... Wouldn't want to make your first impression with your client bad."

My legs started to move in an instant since PR business was legit and I needed a client badly just to make sure that I could show what I am capable of doing. "Okay, I'm coming." I walked into the room finding Selena just sitting down waiting for me. I never would have thought that this was the moment I'd meet her again. Sammy pushed me inside and the door slowly creaked closed. I made sure I wasn't too close or too far to Selena cause I didn't want anything to be awkward between me and her. 

Her head went up. "So, I really need a publicist for right now cause my manager and agent hate the fact that I don't have one."

"So you're seriously my client?" I asked with a untrusting tone. 

Selena nodded slowly. "Yeah. What do you think I am?" 

"First of all, I am Selena Gomez... I act and model." She explained in the most easiest terms are, but I didn't even know Selena was a famous model until now. "You should have researched about me before we met." 

I scoffed and couldn't believe that Selena was being a bit of a brat right now. Are all celebrities like this? "Well I'm sorry... I didn't even know you were famous." 

Selena looked at me like I was the most dumbest person in the world. "Are you serious?" 

I just nodded cause I didn't want to lie to her. "Dylan... We can't work together if you're being like this." 

What the hell is she talking about? Is she being serious? I lowered my eyebrows and curved my mouth in a grumpy way. "No... We can't work like this is you're the one being like this. Sammy said the first impression was important, but you being like a brat to me was seriously the last thing I would imagine you treating me." I got up and headed out of the door. I looked at Sammy was trying to play it cool from listening to us. 

"How was it?" Sammy looked at me with a soft smile. 

I shook my head. "Ha, it's not the first impression I wanted from her... I don't think I can even work with her." 

"Why?" She whined. "You guys were supposed to work perfectly together." 

"Sammy, you never told me I was gonna work with someone I've had a serious history with... I could've researched about her before she came here." I pulled my hair with the stress that was going through my head. "She treated me like I was someone who she didn't meet before. She changed." I walked out of the whole shop before Sammy could throw some words at me.

I sat at the bench just outside and closed my eyes. This could not be happening to me right now. 

"Dylan." I heard a girl whisper just a few inches from where I sat. I looked up to see Selena and she suddenly took the seat right next to me. "I'm sorry, when I saw you... I didn't really know how to act." 

I interrupted her. "Selena, I'm still the same." 

Selena gave a light laugh. "I am too. How can I ever make this whole thing up?" 

I fixed my position and turned towards her. "We'll introduce each other again." She nodded and smiled. "Hi, the name's Dylan." I took out my hand. 

"Hi, my name is Selena." She shook my hand gracefully. 

"So Selena, how may I help you?" I asked in a playful tone. 

She giggled. "I wanted to know if you'd work for me." 

"I'd be honored to work with someone like you." I put my hand towards my heart and faked a tear. We ended up laughing together. "Do you want to get some food? It's kind of awkward when people are watching us." 

She looked at me confused. "There's people watching us?" 

I nodded and engulfed her in a hug. Her body froze immediately as to not knowing what I was doing. "Look straight through the glass. Who's looking?" 

I felt her maneuver her head against my shoulder. "Taylor, Sammy, Posey and Britt? What is she doing here?" She immediately detached herself from me and looked like she saw a ghost. 

"She's getting married." I stated before she had the same expression. "With Jason." 

"They're getting married?" Selena's face looked so hurt and pale from seconds ago. 

I gave a thumbs up. "I need to get out of here." Selena stood up and caught my hand. I stood up and followed her trail. She was walking quietly just holding my hand. I don't know what was going on, but I sure did enjoy this moment since I got to hold Selena's hand again. 

I watched her face. She looked hurt and I knew it because she was usually the person to have a smile on their face even if the situation was bad enough. The curve on her lips turned to a frown and that wasn't good. I wanted to ask her what was going on, but I couldn't ruin this moment. "Selena, is something wrong?" 

Selena focused her eyes on me. "No, what could possibly go wrong?" 

"Well, your grip on my hand is making me worry." I blurted out from the hard grip that Selena was holding on. 

She let go of my hand quickly making me frown. "Sorry, I really have problems with seeing people my past." 

"And what about me?" 

Selena straightened herself out. "Well, you're special so I don't mind." 

I chuckled. "I'm special huh?" 

"Yes! Now let's go somewhere private cause once the media sees me sitting down next to an attractive guy in front of a wedding shop, they'll freak and know from my publicist..." She pointed to me. "Who that attractive guy is." 

"As long as I'm attractive then I don't mind." I commented before Selena just looked at me with a smile. 

"You haven't changed at all." 

I just let out a stiffled laugh. "Basically." 

"I like it." Her smile got bigger. 

I didn't know what I was feeling right now. Maybe it could be feelings or maybe butterflies even though I'm a guy. Selena was still beautiful. I could think of a million things to ask her, why'd you break up with me? Why'd you have to leave so soon? Why'd you have to come back? My mind went back to what she was really here for... It was business! She was here just so she could get a publicist and that was me. What a coincidence? I wonder what the universe has for both of us. 

I just stared at Selena with her amazing smile. "I like it too." 

"Come on, let's go eat!" She exclaimed pulling me inside a restaurant. It was nice having her back, real nice. 

{an: This freaking sucked and it didn't even show any dylena feels, but hooooray! They met again! Off to write another chapter of Must Be Love and maybe this.... If I'm not too lazy. OH AND THANKS FOR THE READS & VOTES. LUV U GUYS!}