1.1 ↣ The Start of Summer.

| AN: hi there. this is the first chapter of just one summer. I have a day off of school tomorrow so I'll try to cram a lot of stuff so I could update more. Enjoy this chapter. ALSO, I saw 1D3D and I swear they are all beautiful. |

❀ Selena ❀

I swept my hair out of my face when I saw Justin looking at me with his charming eyes. I moved the corners of my mouth to a smile until someone pushed me to stumble over all the bikes that once stood less than minutes ago. I felt like crying. I looked up to see Dylan laughing hysterically at me while I peeped Justin's face to see him laughing as well.

"You fool. You just made me look stupid in front of Justin." I hissed making Dylan frown, but proceeded laughing on and on. I really hated him.

Dylan O'Brien, the most annoying and sarcastic person I've ever met. He's been like that since he was in 3rd grade, I never got too close to him cause he's ever so rude.

I got up and fixed myself before anyone would start blaming me for knocking down all the bikes. I quickly walked the millions of stairs that I would last encounter since summer finally started. I felt the presence of someone following me around, I made a sudden hault as I heard them gasp out loud.

"Are you following me?" I asked him.

"No, we live in the same street." Dylan pointed at.

I-- or we both walked to the stop light and he kept on scratching his head and making noises which made me a bit annoyed.

"Can you stop that?" I yelled at him because I was incredibly frustrated.

"Stop what?" We both started pacing through the streets the second it showed that white light guy that pretended to walk.

"Just stop scratching your head and making the weirdest noise come out of your mouth." I rolled my eyes while he held up his hands for defeat.

"Sorry, gosh." Dylan apologized. There was a awkward silence when we walked a few more steps from the street that we just crossed. "So what are you doing over the summer?" Dylan tried to have a conversation with me. "We're almost seniors."

"Ummm... I don't really wanna talk to strangers." I stated. I looked at him for the first time; he wore a regular blue plain shirt with what seemed to be the middle of being pants and skinny jeans. He squinted his eyes for a bit since the sun was practically burning us right now.

"Uhhh, I guess I'll see you then." Dylan started to continue walking pass me. I felt kinda sad when he frowned. I squeezed the rough navy blue strap of my bag.

"Wait!" I ran to where he was now standing which was several feet from where we were standing, "I know you've been annoying me every day of my life in school, but this summer should change ok? We will be friends."

"This summer, really?" He asked while we walked at the same pace.

"Yeah. I don't really want to have that much people to annoy me in senior year." I said making him chuckle a bit.

We didn't have anything to say anymore so we just walked and walked until our street appeared.

"So I'll see you probably this week?" I halted near the stop sign.

"Well, all summer ya mean." He smiled while I raised my brows. I waved a goodbye as we both walked inside our houses.

I closed the door to the smell of pasta. Mom is home, I started to creep inside the kitchen to find all the ingredients everywhere. "Hey Mom!" I exclaimed and hugged her tight.

"Hey Sel!" Mom greeted me. She continued to stir the pasta noodles turned into a slimy long string of pasta. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before I skipped along the house to the carpeted stairs.

I entered my room to the smell of vanilla and a light green color that always made me think of summer. I threw my tote in the side of my bed and sat at the seat which was set near my Mac. I softly touched the silver square mouse pad and the screen showed my mom and dad which would also change to Taylor and I when five minutes is over. Thank God for being able to change screens! I moved the cursor to Google Chrome and searched up the newest tweets in town which was basically the whole school of mine of course.

@TaylorAlison13: School is over and I have a lot of plans, how about you guys?

I laughed and replied to Taylor's tweet.

@OfficialSelGo: @TaylorAlison13 Well, I have a lot of plans too... Actually a lot of plans with you. #bestfriendsforlife.

@TaylorAlison13: @OfficialSelGo so much fun things to do, let me come over ok?

@OfficialSelGo: @TaylorAlison13 Sure, you are always welcome.

@TaylorAlison13: @OfficialSelGo thanks sel. See ya in a bit. J

I got dressed in black shorts and a normal white v-neck. The start of summer, everyone. I headed downstairs when I heard mom yelling my name at the top of her lungs. She had already set up three plates for her, Taylor and I since she knew Taylor was about to come over in any minute. I heard a loud knock that could knock out the door. I opened it to find Taylor with a yellow dress and flats, her normal outfits on day to day.

Taylor and I have the greatest amazing bond ever like we were born to be best friends.

She gave me a hug since she hasn't seen me in person for a long time because we don't go to the same school. The good thing is that we both live behind each other like our backyards are towards each other. I hugged her back tightly.

"Taylor! You look like you're moving in." I looked at the huge bag that she had been placed next to her.

"What are you saying silly? We are actually going to have fun this summer with friends and people our age." Taylor explained while we both went inside the house. Taylor greeted mom with a hug as well and we all were seated in the table. Taylor and I were munching on the spaghetti while Mom just left us to watch some TV shows. When we were done, we went to the bright sunny outside to just walk around the place.

Taylor stopped in front of me making me bump into her for a while. She was staring at something, I couldn't figure what it was so I looked at what she was looking at... It was Dylan looking all fresh.

"Look at your meant to be just sitting there." Taylor said while I rolled my eyes. Dylan caught us looking at him while we gave him a wave.

We started to walk away from the house to a nearby park. We played around because we hated not being able to be on the swings just cause we were grown. We liked being kids. When the sun started to drift off to the horizon, Taylor and I skedaddled along the neighborhood and inside the house. Mom was watching a movie with Dad, The Notebook. I looked at the time which hit 8:30 already. Taylor grabbed my hand to pull me upstairs to my room.

"Come on Selena, let's start packing for the trip." Taylor opened my closet and picked out a few clothes which I wouldn't normally wear to school because I dress really lazy in school.

"Who's going with us?" I asked her while I took out the red suitcase that mom always left in the bottom of my bed so I didn't have any problems getting it.

"Well, a lot of high school people like Dylan and more." She stated while my mouth went wide open.

"No... No... Nooooo... You're talking about Dylan? My worst nightmare?" I begged her not to say yes.

"Yes, you guys will get along ok?" Taylor reassured me.

I covered my eyes. This will be the worst summer ever.