2.1 (Book 2) ↣ Something New

{an: omg, hey! I'm back again with Just One Summer. I might need a lot of help writing this book 2 so if you guys could suggest some stuff that'd be great! I hope you enjoy book two as much as I'll love to write it.}

❀ Selena ❀

"Selena, more pout on those lips." Sammy ordered me causing me to pucker my lips even more than it was. Sammy put down her camera down to the side before walking slowly in front of me. "Selena... I know this is a hard, but you gotta feel more confident and well-- cute." I giggled at her comment. "See, be like that! This is the spring photoshoot so it has to be all about spring time and freedom."

"I can't!" I exclaimed before giggling again because I hated when Sammy made me laugh. She went back to her spot in front of me and the room was filled with flashes and clicks from the camera. "This is impossible. All this spring time freedom is making me hungry."

"Okay fine, let's just get lunch and continue this tomorrow." Sammy took off her camera off her shoulders and placed it in the table just a few feet away from the couch. "Show me all this New York love then."

I quickly changed my shirt to a white floral crop top and skinny jeans before wearing a matching white high heels. "Then let me show you!" I took Sammy's hand and headed out of the condo. It was a quick trip downstairs to the exit of the whole building. "Ahhhh... Such a beautiful day!"

Sammy and I headed first to the yogurt place which was really yummy during the spring time. We sat outside on the bench a block away from the yogurt place.

"So Selena, how has it been?" Sammy asked with a happy tone.

I laughed at her. "Well Samantha, it's been great."

"You need to come and visit us... We miss you a lot!" Sammy shoved a spoonful of yogurt in her mouth.

I sighed and swirled my yogurt around. "I don't know, that would mean I have to reschedule all my photoshoots and just everything-- I'm a busy girl you know?"

She gave a loud laugh not believing me. "Really? Just a few days won't even hurt your schedule."

"Yes it will!" I exclaimed.

"What if I told you I wanted to hire you for maybe... A photoshoot in LA?" Sammy tried to convince me.

I nodded slowly trying to see if I was busy in the summertime. "I'll make sure to check if I have a few days so I can visit you guys there."

Sammy flashed me a big smile. "Yay! Selena's coming back, but before that... How is it like being a New Yorker and why'd you even decide to come here?"

"What is this an interview?" I asked before thinking about it. "Well, I don't know. I decided that since I wanted to aspire as the type to work in the fashion industry... It would be either New York or Los Angeles! Clearly I choose New York because of all the things that happened when we were young."

"You mean the thing that happened just a few years ago? You make us sound so old." Sammy got up from her seat before I followed her. "So you needed something new?"

I nodded eagerly. "Yes, I did need something new."

"Just don't forget to come back home okay? And this summer!" She pleaded before I tugged her along to the salad restaurant just a seconds away.

We waited in the stop light when it was a green light. I looked around and saw a beautiful city I've grown to love after graduating high school. I remembered the time when we all found out where everyone was going.

I watched the mail man jump through the streets to pass out the mail inside the mail boxes. Every teenager raised outside just to see the most exciting mail they have been waiting for. I watched Dylan right across from me get his mail and he just went straight inside. I walked out the door and realized that my two best friends were outside running like a mad man.

"Selena!" They yelled out the top of their lungs. I waited until they came to me before I got my mail. "Selena! We got into UCLA!"

I gave them a wide smile and headed towards my mail box. I rummaged through the whole stack until I saw it. I saw my future flash by my eyes. I opened the letter quickly and read it out loud while Taylor and Sammy just huddled around me.

Dear Selena, Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to be an admission to the Media and Communication of New York University this coming fall.

"Oh my god." I breathed out.

"What?" Taylor and Sammy asked in sync.

"I got into NYU!" I shouted happily before we three just jumped up and down.

Sammy stopped jumping making us confused. "Wait, that means we'll all be seperated!"

I frowned, but covered it with a smile. "Guys don't worry! I'll always make sure to come visit your guys no matter what!"

Someone shoved me losing me from my train of thought. "Selena! We need to cross!" Sammy caught my arm while the lights were still red.

We walked at the end of the street just in time for someone to open the door wide. "Here ya go." The gentleman said while Sammy and I walked in.

We were seated as soon as we sat down. I ordered my usual Caesar salad with extra bacon and goodies. Sammy acted cool and ordered the same thing considering she wasn't the usual to eat salad.

"I have a question for you," She mentioned making my head snap towards her, "have you been dating?"

I gave a short laugh. "Do I look like I'm dating? I'm in the time of my life where I have to discover myself and just be happy."

"It wouldn't hurt to actually date someone and enjoy your time with them." Sammy defended herself.

I couldn't really go back into being in love cause everytime I thought about it, it'd think about all the past relationships that I've been caught up on. Considering the fact that I had a really busy schedule and I'm not ready at all.

I just took a deep breath and looked at my phone to all the upcoming events in my calendar. I sighed, "A whole lot of photoshoots!"

The salad came to our table quickly. "And let's eat some grass." Sammy made fun of the food she was about to eat.

My life is great-- it could be better, but this is all something new for myself.

{an: this was really short, but I promise to actually write longer for the next one.BASICALLY, Selena is in New York and this is about 4 years or 5 years after the whole summer love.}