2.8 | I'm Forever Alone

❀ Dylan ❀

I watched my phone blow up with messages from Posey. I quickly took it off the table before any of my bosses see that I could be texting in the middle of a meeting. I breathed out and looked at Mr. Swift standing just a few feet away from me. "So, Dylan... Have you found a client?"

I cleared my throat. I didn't know what to say, but I decided to blurt out something positive. "Yes I do. She's arriving in LA in a couple of days and I'm meeting her right away." False. That was such a lie, it's been a week since Sammy came back and her friend never came.

He gave me a satisfied look and nodded. "I'll catch up with you when I see you again next week. I want business, Mr. O'Brien and I want it now." I gave him a thumbs up while he exited the room.

I felt the room just calm down once Mr. Swift left. I took a big sigh and covered my face with my hands. I thought about life at the moment. I'm supposed to be happy with such a great start to what could be the future of my life, but I wasn't at all in that moment. I looked at my phone again and forgot that there was a man trying to spam my phone. I opened the messages to find Tyler telling me to call him.

I tapped the calling icon to put the phone against my ear. "Hello? Dylan speaking."

"Well heeelllooo Mr. I'm-All-Public-Relations." Tyler greeted with a laugh.

I just shook my head and tried to play it cool. "I'm great... Just got off a meeting!"

"Since you're out of the meeting, can my future best man come with me to plan a wedding?" He asked with a curious tone.

I threw my head back and leaned against the back of the chair. "Tyler, I know we're close and all, but I'm not the bride."

He laughed in the other line. "Dylan, just come hang out with us. We haven't seen you in days and we're not used to it."

I didn't have anything more to do, but just to wait for Sammy to tell me when the girl is finally coming to LA. "Fine, I'll see you in Taylor's shop in about thirty minutes."

"Yes! Thanks Dylan!" He hung up the phone quickly before I just pocketed my phone.

I went back to the office and headed out of the whole building. I didn't like dressing too professional like how I am in an office, but since I wasn't smart enough today... I didn't have any extra clothes! I walked through the parking lot and went inside my black Lexus then drove out.

It wasn't as far as I thought when I drove near Taylor's shop. I parked at the spot where it owners parking since Taylor considered her close friends as owners of the store too. I went out of the car and decided to go inside then saw Tyler calmly standing there just waiting for me. I stood just in front of him until he finally reacted.

"It's great your out and about, O'Brien." Tyler greeted me with a pat in the back as we walked in the halls of a nice little place. It had plastered couples who got married. Sure I liked the idea of getting married, but the thought of being a bachelor still makes me feel like I was about to live forever alone.

"Ugh, couples." I scoffed before Tyler gave a loud laugh.

"Dude, aren't you excited? I'm almost getting married--"

"And me too." Someone cut off Tyler's voice. We looked to the behind us to find Britt cut us off. I was surprised she was getting married at the same time Tyler would be getting married or even Britt getting married. "Lovely to see you guys!"

We laughed and greeted her with a hug. Last time, she updated her status to engaged with Jason. It was funny that the famous jock would be getting married to the captain of the cheerleading team. "So... Where's Jason?"