2.15 | A Day Not Wasted

{an: oh my gosh hey. I'm actually updating so much of my series this week so continue to be excited. I am adding two more series in my hands which isn't supposed to happen cause I'm always busy but yolo. One is about Taylor Swift and second is DYLENA. :*}

| Selena | 

I closed my eyes shut when I heard murmurs just outside the bedroom door. I didn’t want to get bothered after what happened yesterday with Dylan. I didn’t know what it was that was bothering me… It was probably because it was the first time I actually spent time with him after years of ignoring him. 

“Selena, are you awake?” I heard Taylor ask from the other side of the door.

Maybe if I didn’t answer then the wouldn’t bother me. I waited for a moment. 

There was suddenly a repeated knock in the closed door. “SELENA! You better get your butt up before we actually break down the door.” 

I whimpered at the thought of Sammy trying to knock down the door. She was really aggressive when it came to no one obeying her orders. I sat up from the bed and shuffled my feet over to the door to unlock it. I saw Taylor and Sammy crossing their arms in front of them with a grungy face. Oops. I was totally in trouble. 

“Oh, she’s awake. Finally!” Sammy cheered sarcastically before scooting to the side to let me out. “So what happened to Mr. Prince Charming?”

I shook my head. “Nothing.”

“The celebrity life is getting to her, Sammy.” Taylor commented while we all walked through the hallway to the kitchen which filled with newly cooked cupcakes that Taylor made. Sammy would never make anything for us, unless someone was to plead and beg.

“I just need some rest for today.” I sighed to myself.

Sammy gave me a disappointed look. “No. I don’t think so.”

I frowned. “Why not?”

She hopped off the seat and went towards the answering machine. She clicked the voicemail button and it beeped. The machine started, “New message from Dylan… *beep* Oh hey guys! I just wanted to tell you guys that Selena and I were ordered to hangout today by the trouble twins. Be there by 2. Thanks.” My eyes immediately went to the clock to realize that I had exactly two hours to freshen myself up.

Taylor laughed. “And then she realized that she was in love with him again.” I just uttered a small laugh before continuing my platter of good smelling pancakes. 

The brunch between the girls went by fast considering the fact that they had to get to their own world. I quickly paced to my room and spreaded out the options I could wear. My phone dinged telling me that I had a new message. I hopped on the bed and checked it.

From: Taylor - It’s sunny with a small breeze. Really great weather for today. Good luck! :) 

I smiled and threw my phone just beside me to look back at my options. My eyes went towards the jean romper that I’ve always wanted to wear back in New York, but never got the chance since it was really cold. I quickly did an outfit change and looked at the mirror to eye some sandals just behind me.

“Thanks Sammy!” I smiled to myself. Sammy will find out sooner or later.

The doorbell rung when I last looked at the mirror. I let go of my hair from my bun when I was making my way into the door. I caught the sunglasses just next to the table and opened it wide.

Dylan was standing there impatiently as usual, “Two minutes late.”

“Well sorry, I’m a girl you know.” I rolled my eyes. 

He gave an obvious nod. “I wouldn’t want to realize that you were a boy.”

His attitude was way off for me. Dylan was being too cocky for me. “Let’s just go.”

I locked the door and led us both to the elevator. We waited a few moments until we were faced into the streets of California. It was really bright outside. Once we passed the exit, I put on my shades and looked up to Dylan. “Where to now?”

“I was thinking we could just take a stroll of California.” Dylan answered with a simple nod towards the people walking around. 

“Really? Nothing special?” I wasn’t really waiting for anything special, but at least something interesting that we could do.

His head went from side to side. “Nope, we’ll just take a walk.” I decided to just go along with him before we would start arguing.

California was really new to me. It wasn’t because I haven’t been here for a long time. It was because I got really used to the New York environment. Also, being in California actually meant that the amount of paparazzi’s would be more constant rather than the ones in New York.

“So…” Dylan started, “Do you like it here?”

“Well, I’ve lived here basically all my life until I was eighteen.”

He cleared his throat. “Yeah… Gotta love graduation day!” He faked a smile.

My ears heard ticks of cameras being hidden in the crowd of people. I’m surprised they didn’t come up to our faces yet.

Dylan got closer to me. “They’re here.”

I laughed at how awkward he was now. “I noticed.”

“So how were you after the graduation day?” He asked simply before we started walking down the street.

I shrugged. “School was really nice. I moved into a great place after being graduating. I fell in love with New York.” I saw him cringe when I mentioned the word, love. “How about you?”

“I was still hanging out with everyone and being that lonely sarcastic geek." He explained before I giggled cause he was always like that. 

"That's nice to know that you haven't changed yet." I said. 

He smiled. "Same, well... I still have to see if you haven't change yet." 

"Let's not waste this day then!" I exclaimed hooking my arm onto his. 

"Trust me, a day with you is..." He unhooked our arms and then gripped my hand onto his, "a day not wasted." 

Then we walked through the streets of California with smiles on our faces... And it wasn't at all fake. :)