19

It took Harry a few days to get used to the house. He worked slowly to get a life around me. He began to look at works and he started every morning to walk along the streets to get to know the area. I saw at him that he was restless, but I had work to do and I couldn't be at home with him. I also noticed a difference. Harry changed the curtains and slowly he bought home things to improve my home. One day I came home and he had replaced the sofa into a modern gray variant. I frowned, but he smiled at me.

"I could just imagine how that sofa would fit in our house and I was right."

I wasn't happy.

"You can't just come here and decide everything." I said firmly. "Yes, it's a nice couch but what was wrong with my old one?"

Harry snorted and waved with his hand.

"That one was so outdated."

I rolled my eyes.

"Harry, just because things don't fit into your modern taste, don't give your the right to replace them."

He sighed, and I noted that he understood.

"But I have nothing to do during the day and when I pass a place that has things that I like, I can't stop buying them."

I pulled him into my arms. My hands around his waist and his arms around my neck. I looked straight into his green eyes.

"We usually discuss whether to replace things like a sofa. You don't just go to the store and buy things, just because life is boring."

He pouted out with the lip, like a child, and took a deep breath.

"I know, but I wanted to make you happy."

I looked at the sofa and then at him.

"I'm happy, but I was just as happy with the old couch."

Harry cocked his head and took his fingers through my hair.

"Sorry, but I wanted to make the home more a home. I like the newer stuff and maybe you ought to understand that?"

I smiled at him.

"I understand that, but don't waste money on things that works. When one thing broke down then you buy a new thing. You don't replace things just because they are boring."

Harry looked at the sofa and then at me again.

"But I feel better with that sofa there. Your old was so dull and dusty. The new one is soft and fits you better."

I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Harry, but next time, think through your purchases."

He nodded.

"I promise." He then took a deep breath. "And I've found a car that I'll look at in the morning. Inexpensive, four years old and haven't bee used a lot."

I trusted him.

"Do you promise?"

He nodded.

"Ten fingers on the Bible."

I released him and looked toward the kitchen. He hadn't this time made food for us and he blushed a little.

"I was in the store all day and got the couch."

I laughed a little and then smiled at him.

"Pizza?"

He nodded and seemed relieved.